IGNORED

BOC and Arpeggio

apriorion

love my new shears - yes

forest moon, it's just one note repeating, then moving on to the next note. There's some filtering going on, and harmonic overtones from the analogue synth - but no arpeggio. Like I said earlier - it's called an ostinato. Usually we think of that being played in the bass part, but it doesn't have to be.

How loose does it get, then? Any sequence of notes becomes an arpeggio? Give me a break. With regard to "forest moon", I can hear some dissonance in the reverb of those notes, so that's not harmonious.

I'd say that harmony between the notes in the sequence is a necessary condition for an arpeggio, regardless of how loose we get on the other conditions. Otherwise, again, any sequence of notes in a repeating pattern becomes an arpeggio? The term looses all meaning, then.

dude you are being too nitpicky and treading on any legit discussion.

i can confirm that all these examples can be considered arpeggios. if your only definition of an arp is only 'harmonious' major chords plucked in straight 16ths then you have boring definitions of music.

i know i'm being a dick here but your response was so douchey tbh

Sorry for appearing "douchey"; I always ask "nitpicky" questions. That's how I've been trained and that's my job, and it bleeds over to everything else I do, even when it's about subjects that I admittedly don't know much about. Please don't read into it more than that.

Upon further reflection, I apologize for apologizing to you. Who are you to determine what's "legitimate discussion" versus not legitimate? Are you a Nazi or something? Will you burn books you deem to be "too nitpicky"? Why are you trying to shame me for asking questions in a thread *I* started? I wasn't the only one who was interested in the ideas I asked about. And I got a response from chenGOD that helped me out. So I'll go on asking the sorts of questions that you find "too nitpicky" or "douchey", "dude". Nice try at attempting to silence me, though.

oops! i was thinking of 5.9.78

You mean that little loopy synth line in the back ground? Yeah sure that's an arpeggio, it's a chord, sounds like they're just switiching the direction on the arpeggiator. Been a while since I listened to that - lovely tune.

Archived