IGNORED

NIN's Trent Reznor Apple's "Point Man" in new Music App Redesign on iOS 8.4

Joyrex

there is a parallel universe in which Ae have 're-designed' the new music app and it does nothing but play the brief horn stab sample from Sublimit when you tap/click on it.

fuckinglol

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

a witha teetha

your world, that is

i think i used to have a porpoise

now i never make a flound(er)

uh caym bak hawn-tid

I am now reminded why I stopped going to bars. The last time I went there was a guy with an Apple logo tattoo and all he talked about was waiting in line for the new (at the time) iPhone 5. He might as well have taken a dump in a fedora and put it on.

I have mixed feelings about Reznor at this point, can't really say much more.

E2FNuWA.jpg

lol what exactly do they want to show with this picture? As if they try to compete with tidal promotion in embarrassment

"hey had the impression all these feeling on our releases where real and honest?"

"lol no you fool we did it all for the money from day one"

"want proof?"

"here is a picture of us laughing at you while sitting on a mixing console made of pure gold"

Guest mrgerbik

how bout an audio player that supports FUCKING FLAC?!

cmon Apple, if you're overhauling "iTunes" at least give it some goddamned lossless support (other than m4a)...

edit: oh and fuck Beats. get some proper headphones for that kind of money.

I also think the bagging on him cause he has muscles is ridiculous, considering how much people talk about getting exercise in GenBan...

dude it doesn't just look like he has muscles, it looks like he's been on a 10 year GNC supplement regiment and possibly even taken baseball player performance enhancing drugs. No normal person goes from looking like Trent did in the 90s to a ballooned up bloated neck without some kind of hormonal enhancement. That shit looks super unnatural. Im not saying Trent did roids, he just has that bloated puffy body that is very very reminiscent of people who do roids and don't do the necessary workouts in order to fill out their now puffed up frame. so actually no it doesn't look like he has 'muscles' to me it just looks like a GNC'd up body with no followup, pick any retired 'record breaking' baseball player out of a hat to see comparison.

He looks a hell of a lot better these days compared to the With Teeth era, but his peak was definitely Perfect Drug era imo

tumblr_mhrnilm81z1qks3c7o2_500.jpg

what a dreamboat

Trent Reznor is the Will.I.Am of the emo industrial punks

I didn't even know this was a category but I concur wholeheartedly. I took The Fragile as a forgivable misstep with some moments of brilliance. Then, each following album proceeded to chronicle his glorious vision quest with increasing proximity to the holy grail of wank, with his marketing genius as his trustiest weapon in slaying the remaining dragons of good taste.

The way I see it, he is a perfectly snug fit for Apple's anus and they'll get along like donuts and jelly.

lol. the fragile is potentially his best album??

last sentence made up for the post tho lol.

I would say it's his "grandest" album. It's definitely at least "pretty darn good" but it's also overengineered, overwrought, overblown.

lol, NIN is by definition overengineered, even Broken which was meant to be a raw punk album or something haha

I wouldn't change anything about The Fragile, tbh

I also think the bagging on him cause he has muscles is ridiculous, considering how much people talk about getting exercise in GenBan...

dude it doesn't just look like he has muscles, it looks like he's been on a 10 year GNC supplement regiment and possibly even taken baseball player performance enhancing drugs. No normal person goes from looking like Trent did in the 90s to a ballooned up bloated neck without some kind of hormonal enhancement. That shit looks super unnatural. Im not saying Trent did roids, he just has that bloated puffy body that is very very reminiscent of people who do roids and don't do the necessary workouts in order to fill out their now puffed up frame. so actually no it doesn't look like he has 'muscles' to me it just looks like a GNC'd up body with no followup, pick any retired 'record breaking' baseball player out of a hat to see comparison.

Yeah no I get where you're coming from, there are lots of photos of him where he does look like that, and I'm sure he went overboard with supplements and possibly experimented with roids at some point.

Nowadays though he doesn't look like such a roid monkey.

I still think it's a stupid criticism though, I mean he could look like jabba the hut for all I care, he has made some very good music at some points in his career. Other times not so much lol.

I pretty much lost interest beginning a witha Witha Teetha. Trent was a god of mine for a while, during the tail end of my angsty highschool days.

Still feel like he was ahead of his time tho when he dropped Pretty Hate Machine in 1989. With Teeth I've never heard, and Hesitation Marks was hit and miss I thought. The Downward Spiral was pretty much the peak of his career. Might also be worth mentioning that At The Heart Of It All on FDtS right after that was done by Aphex.

But who knows if he'll resume his musical career after this Apple gig.

I didn't even know this was a category but I concur wholeheartedly. I took The Fragile as a forgivable misstep with some moments of brilliance. Then, each following album proceeded to chronicle his glorious vision quest with increasing proximity to the holy grail of wank, with his marketing genius as his trustiest weapon in slaying the remaining dragons of good taste.

The way I see it, he is a perfectly snug fit for Apple's anus and they'll get along like donuts and jelly.

I would say it's his "grandest" album. It's definitely at least "pretty darn good" but it's also overengineered, overwrought, overblown. Two fucking discs, how much of that is filler, really? It's the Apocalypse Now of 90s (yeah, fine, 2000, I still file it in that category) rock albums. It's surely a cliche but I do believe tDS is his best, especially when you factor in all the related EPs with fucking brilliant remixes by the likes of Danny Hyde, Coil, Jack Dangers, Richard D. Motherfucking James, and of course Charlie Clouser. Opinions are like jellied anuses tho innit.

It's his DrukQs...

*runs*

I would say it's his "grandest" album. It's definitely at least "pretty darn good" but it's also overengineered, overwrought, overblown. Two fucking discs, how much of that is filler, really? It's the Apocalypse Now of 90s (yeah, fine, 2000, I still file it in that category) rock albums. It's surely a cliche but I do believe tDS is his best, especially when you factor in all the related EPs with fucking brilliant remixes by the likes of Danny Hyde, Coil, Jack Dangers, Richard D. Motherfucking James, and of course Charlie Clouser. Opinions are like jellied anuses tho innit.

It's his DrukQs...

*runs*

wat.

Ain't even mad breh, just confuse. Because 2 discs?

The Fragile wasn't ground-breaking in any way. The textures do sound good on the album, but the songwriting is unmemorable.

Yeah. Mostly true though I still think there were some great moments, "I'm Looking Forward to Joining You, Finally" stands out to me, "The Big Comedown" in that adolescent way only Trent can pull off. Some really cool drum sounds and minimal stuff on there, like on "The Mark Has Been Made" and "Five Miles High". I first got into the thing when I was 17 though, so my memories of that album are well-steeped in amygdala-powered teenage feels.

Also there's a thread Charlie Clouser did on gearslutz about the recording of it and it sounded like a pretty ridiculous uninspiring Andy Warhol kind of situation, people camped out in rooms recording random shit and then culling hours/days/weeks of recordings trying to make it all agree. You can kind of hear the disconnect in the album too. I think tDS was kind of a similar deal but I feel like Trent was still deferring to the musical wisdom of the other talented folk involved, whereas The Fragile was the full flowering of his unrepentant ego indulgence. Anyway, I'll try to find that thread/post...

This is really more about Trent going "Yeah, move that icon to there. Good. Now make the font bigger. Can you do that?"

Developers: "Okay."

This is really more about Trent going "Yeah, move that icon to there. Good. Now make the font bigger. Can you do that?"

Developers: "Okay."

perhaps the GUI will now have some fake leather pants and/or fishnet background.

Archived