IGNORED

Amon Tobin - Dark Jovian (2x12")

Hugh Mughnus

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 months later...

Thanks StephenG!

New Amon Tobin is always most welcome. He built up so much goodwill with Bricolage and Supermodified that I will always be pumped to hear what he's putting out. Out From Out Where is also outstanding work. ISAM, Foley Room, and Permutations are all second tier Tobin for me but still enjoyable.

I'll never forget seeing him, with Prefuse 73 as the opener. It was a great show.

Np! I'm actually surprised the album isn't out yet. It sounds like he may have started over on the project or something.

Can't wait to hear what he comes up with. I hope it's less ISAM, aka a few breaks here and there. He has said he has no desire to revisit his old sounds though so I'm not sure.

Either way we're in for a treat I'm sure.

He said multiple times that he was done for good with jazzbreaks though.

Thank you Stephen! Can't believe I missed this. I went to his Facebook page just after seeing this and :

Meet #PeugeotFractal! The electric urban coupé offering a wealth of sensory exploration and the result of a successful collaboration between Amon Tobin and the Peugeot Design team #ConceptCar #Reveal
More information there: http://bit.ly/FractalFB

Well that's something.

I wonder if the 'successful collaboration' was that someone at the ad agency saw this but didn't want to get in trouble so got the go ahead from Amon (and possibly Alex!) ;)

Wow, cool track (especially for a commercial).

I liked ISAM for what it was but I hope we get more of his older sound (melody wise, not just breaks).

I'll keep bumping this thread if I see any info anywhere. =)

Archived