IGNORED

Squarepusher Live YouTube Event - Starts in 10 Minutes

Rubin Farr

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just got back to my apartment from the show. It was pretty similar to the set on Sunday at Webster Hall with the addition of Venus No. 17 which gave me a full SPBoner.

I tried to record the set on my phone but it sounds like mashed potatoes. Was the Youtube stream soundboard quality plus some audience noise from those mics up front?

Just got back to my apartment from the show. It was pretty similar to the set on Sunday at Webster Hall with the addition of Venus No. 17 which gave me a full SPBoner.
I tried to record the set on my phone but it sounds like mashed potatoes. Was the Youtube stream soundboard quality plus some audience noise from those mics up front?

the quality was pretty good for the most part, but there was a fair bit of clipping at times. it probably sounded better than his live album though, it had decent clarity.

You were there? Andihow n I were there too.

You were there? Andihow n I were there too.

Cool - yeah I was the extremely tall blonde dude in the back by the bar

So Tom was actually there? All I could see was monitors, so I thought it was listening party, or he was broadcasting live.

Obviously lots of people didn't have to work yesterday afternoon in NYC lol

I've got this sorted and ready for my mixcloud account in excellent quality.. the only question is :

Do I upload the whole thing?

I mean the first half seemed to be the whole album playing with Big Applers wandering around - was Squarepusher playing it live in this part? Is there any point in upping it?

OR

I'm tempted to just the put up the live section at the end where you do see Tom at the controls - thankfully without his fencing gear!

Thanks again man! Looks very cool, nice to be able to hear a good quality recording with it too. Even better to see he is playing these slightly older classics AND his bass again (my main turnoff from his Ufabulum tour was that he just played the album, hardly touched his bass... at least when I saw him)

Archived