Here's a new track that has more of a groove/danceable parts than most of my other stuff I think.

As always, comments, criticisms, feelings...all are valid and welcome.

Thank you for listening and using some of your precious attention on my creation!

https://soundcloud.com/lawrencelawrence/droen

Here is the description I added to Soundcloud:

"This song has a weight to it. Not that it's putting weight on you. More like it's carrying your weight for you, but still siting right on top of you so you can feel the pressure of your own weight as an outside presence would.

Being able to let go of your weight is a truly transcendent moment. It is other-worldly and rare. I hope this can lift a little of that for you."

Well it's certainly interesting. It seemed to me more like interesting, distinct ideas ordered at random. The track felt modular. I hope that makes sense. edit: yeah that doesn't make sense. What I mean to say is that you could have ordered the different parts in any order. It's not particularly.... cohesive?

Well it's certainly interesting. It seemed to me more like interesting, distinct ideas ordered at random. The track felt modular. I hope that makes sense. edit: yeah that doesn't make sense. What I mean to say is that you could have ordered the different parts in any order. It's not particularly.... cohesive?

Thanks for taking the time to articulate your thoughts, Bris!

That's completely different than I thought as I was wondering if it was too predictable but that's the follie of listening to a track over 100 hundred times while making it I suppose. That's actually why I adding the ending, to make a completely different idea part of it. A palate cleanser if you will.

To be honest, I think I'm heavily biased toward tracks built to make sense beginning to end. So I'd disregard what I said, in hindsight since that's more your style.

To be honest, I think I'm heavily biased toward tracks built to make sense beginning to end. So I'd disregard what I said, in hindsight since that's more your style.

Totally, Bris. I still consider your comment valid since we are all trying to do our own things but hoping it appeals to our musically like-minded community here. Sometimes I listen to a track on YLC and have feedback but it's just so personal and opinion-oriented that I keep it to myself, but and opinion that is well thought out and articulated is valid so thank you!

I like how your tunes always sound epic or like film scores. Like going into war music. The noise that came in at 40 seconds was pretty cool.

I tend to agree with the lack of cohesiveness but I like the musical ideas and atmospheres shown here.

I like how your tunes always sound epic or like film scores. Like going into war music. The noise that came in at 40 seconds was pretty cool.

I tend to agree with the lack of cohesiveness but I like the musical ideas and atmospheres shown here.

Thanks rvll. yeah I may post stuff soon that's not so soundtrack-ish, we'll see... but I'm very pleased you're getting vibes like that from it. Ideally it means it's taking you to a place other than where you're at when you hear it if that makes sense.

That sound at 40 sec is so appealing to me, I'm glad you noticed.

Noted about the cohesiveness, appreciate the feedback man!

Archived