IGNORED

New encym tracks

encym

Love this one (sequent) - really evoked images of spooky 80s TV for me for some reason - brilliant

agh it paged it, so:

great mix! big fan of you music too.

Cheers!

And something brand new:

https://soundcloud.com/liminal_music/sequent

Cheers!

Here's a new Disquiet Junto piece:

https://soundcloud.com/liminal_music/disquiet0273_alarm-clocked

Love this one (sequent) - really evoked images of spooky 80s TV for me for some reason - brilliant

agh it paged it, so:

Cheers!

And something brand new:

Cheers!

Very nice! Is that a guitar?

This could definitely be longer... and maybe you should add a tiny bit of sub bass to it ;)

agh it paged it, so:

Cheers!

And something brand new:

Cheers!

Very nice! Is that a guitar?

This could definitely be longer... and maybe you should add a tiny bit of sub bass to it ;)

Cheers!

Yes indeed, that's guitar fed through stuff.

The brief for this particular project (it's an ongoing weekly series that people are invited to participate in - if you'd like to find out more: http://disquiet.com/2013/04/25/disquiet-junto-faq/) was for it to become gradually louder over the course of 3 minutes and then play for another minute. As the project's title "Alarm Clocked" indicates, the idea was to design a "better" alarm clock sound to wake up to ;-)

Thanks again for listening and commenting.

• 2 weeks later...

Manic, I'm liking the breakbeat and how you glitch it, take it apart, though 7 minutes of it is a bit too long for me to keep interest.

Manic, I'm liking the breakbeat and how you glitch it, take it apart, though 7 minutes of it is a bit too long for me to keep interest.

Cheers for listening mate!

• 1 year later...

Very nice, man. It builds really well... some nice ambient pockets, and some more stirring moments too. Great use/context for guitar. The last minute or so was quite a nice conclusion, some beautiful quiet melodies there.

Muscially, a great start to the year I'd say.

Very nice, man. It builds really well... some nice ambient pockets, and some more stirring moments too. Great use/context for guitar. The last minute or so was quite a nice conclusion, some beautiful quiet melodies there.

Muscially, a great start to the year I'd say.

This is great. It sort of floats between being quiet dreamy and melancholy and then being dark and spooky. Reminded me a bit of ambient works 2

Thanks guys.

Here is a collab from this week's Disquiet Junto:

More on the Disquiet Junto at:

disquiet.com/junto/

REALLY enjoyed Quietude. Very moody/melancholic and straight up LUSH work here. When you have a moment, would be interested to know how you achieve the textures here (and on other tracks). Feel like all your stuff has this really palpable thickness to the textures. 

The Engaging Accompanist - interesting colllab. Still has that air of moodiness, but a little more uptempo. If I had my druthers/what I really want with this one is for some sort of heavy break to come in descending from the heaven like Thor's goddamn hammer about 1/2 way through. Personal preference only though!

REALLY enjoyed Quietude. Very moody/melancholic and straight up LUSH work here. When you have a moment, would be interested to know how you achieve the textures here (and on other tracks). Feel like all your stuff has this really palpable thickness to the textures. 

The Engaging Accompanist - interesting colllab. Still has that air of moodiness, but a little more uptempo. If I had my druthers/what I really want with this one is for some sort of heavy break to come in descending from the heaven like Thor's goddamn hammer about 1/2 way through. Personal preference only though!

Hi T3551ER,

Thanks so much for your opinions! Very happy to share insights in due course (what are you keen on finding out about specifically?)

In the meantime, here are two new collabs based on Quietude:

Enjoy!

Hi T3551ER,

Thanks so much for your opinions! Very happy to share insights in due course (what are you keen on finding out about specifically?)

Enjoy!

Extra awesomesauce here! Quietude is (apparently) fertile soil!

So, let's take this track for example - the comment suggests you are using a looping pedal. So, are you playing a distorted/flanged guitar riff through, like, an ass-ton of reverb or something, then layering bits on top of that? What I like about this is that the textures all appear to be evolving, but not in a "random" sort of way. . . I also struggle with layering textures on top of one another and then having them muddle each other - so I'd be interested in how you manage to keep competing textures from "corrupting" one another. 

both tracks have great layering going on. i enjoy encumbered interlocutor for its subtlety.

Cheers, here's a new collaboration based on this idea:

Hi T3551ER,

Enjoy!

Extra awesomesauce here! Quietude is (apparently) fertile soil!

So, let's take this track for example - the comment suggests you are using a looping pedal. So, are you playing a distorted/flanged guitar riff through, like, an ass-ton of reverb or something, then layering bits on top of that? What I like about this is that the textures all appear to be evolving, but not in a "random" sort of way. . . I also struggle with layering textures on top of one another and then having them muddle each other - so I'd be interested in how you manage to keep competing textures from "corrupting" one another. 

Hi T3551ER,

Sorry for not having replied yet, that's sort of how it works. I'll elaborate on the process soonish. Feel free to PM me, as well.

Thanks!

dis tension

sounds great! I thought the #exorcist ambient was a nice touch as well. 

Hi guys,

Much appreciated. Here's another mix incorporating the tune "Spoonfuls" (disquiet0369) [featuring bearp-aw + gentil, plus me on beats and ebow: