IGNORED

Bola

fumi

Damn, already two years ago that he announced new music. Yeah, well overdue :)

I figure 5 years of relative inactivity is an adequate musical absence.
New music will be produced and released this year.
HAPPY NEW YEAR.

His last release was a bit weak. The artwork looked a bit crappy compared to the incredible stuff we are used to. Better he takes his time and releases something as solid as the old stuff. He is totally capable of doing something outstanding.

Edited by o00o

edit oh wow there is even coverartwork and a name for the release since 2008:

Bola announced his new album "Ambrosia" in late 2008 and already posted the cover artwork that was to be featured.
n37634643464_1798265_5240.jpg
I wonder what ever happened to it. Is it still in the works? The announcement got me pretty excited as he is surely within my top 5 of favorite musicians, he's the man, so to speak.
He also regularly posts great, unheard material (mostly different versions of known tracks or ultra-rare stuff) on his facebook- and soundcloud-page, but there hasn't been a single word mentioning Ambrosia ever again after the initial announcement. Anybody have some info...?

I asked Bola for radio show appearance once and he said he was close to punting new material out :) hopefully this year!

I asked Bola for radio show appearance once and he said he was close to punting new material out :) hopefully this year!

when was the radio show supposed to be broadcasted?

when was the radio show supposed to be broadcasted?

whenever he had the set and was ready :)

I love Bola. Absolutely one of my favourite artists.

He's had a few new tracks here and there on compilations and such, but I've been patiently waiting for this album for a longggg time now!

This thread spurred me on to do a bit of a Bola mission, as I'm not so clued up on much of his stuff and I found this killer tune..

I like Bola tho it's too electronic for me

yeah, I can understand that. He's totally electronic. However, what I've always liked about his stuff is that every single piece creates the illusion that the machines are just playing themselves, very organic and emotional without being cold. That sense of expansion he creates is unrivalled, I think.

If you listen to Squib (Nuclear), there is so much going on in the background. It's like a complete little microcosm of electronica.

Edited by fumi

This thread spurred me on to do a bit of a Bola mission, as I'm not so clued up on much of his stuff and I found this killer tune..

That drop never gets old

There are some great Bola tracks out there on comps, e.g.:

Also look up his releases under the name Jello. And see Gescom's EP1 which IIRC had some Darel Fitton (i.e. Bola) input Certainly sounds like him:

• 4 years later...

Recently gotten into Bola again. Man these tunes are pure gold and I've missed listening to this guy. Soup and Fyuti are impeccable albums that helped me get into IDM

Edited by thumbass
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...