IGNORED

UK General Election 2015

Soloman Tump

Guest Atom Dowry Firth

Labour are just as authoritarian (actually, probably more so) than the Conservatives.

lol

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds like a way of shutting down not just mosques, but any other sources of dissent:

The measures, she added, will focus on "extremism of all sorts... that is seeking to promote hatred, that is seeking to divide our society, that is seeking to undermine the very values that make us a great country to live in".

...which will equate to threatening people like Russell Brand with prison he if continues to 'divide our society' - ie disagree with Tory polices.

So Tory extremists with their radical austerity then?

Labour are just as authoritarian (actually, probably more so) than the Conservatives.

lol

Yeah, I'm not convinced either.

lol

want to comment on the actual meat of my post, the bit that provided evidence for my claim?

Guest chunky

guys you're being monitored by gchq and jamie bartlett

ne1 who says things like cameron is a fascist will be monitored more

www.britishreactionary.co.uk

my site is gonna be shut down soon, it exposes lies by british gov

Oh no, all my posts about loving Plaid and eating cookies in an obsessive manner will be known to all!

I'll bite- who is jamie bartlett?! seen you mention a few times.

http://rt.com/uk/258153-mps-pay-rise-spree/

All in this together? British MPs handed 10% pay rise

MPs’ wages are set to rise from £67,000 to £74,000 – many times the national average – as it’s revealed that 60 of them went on a spending spree, buying up iPhones, iPads and personal computers before the general election.

The increase of £7,000 per year would also be backdated to May 8, the day after the general election.

In December 2013 we reached a decision that, there should be a package of changes, including pension reform, ending resettlement payments and increasing MP’s pay to £74,000,” an IPSA spokesman told the Daily Telegraph.

The pay rise was not implemented immediately. Any subsequent pay rise would be back-dated to 8 May 2015. IPSA was created by law to determine MPs’ pay independent of parliament and government.

I'll bite- who is jamie bartlett?! seen you mention a few times.

I just googled...We're being monitored by telegraph columnists?!?

Bechuga Admits To Eating A Pack Of Foxes Chunkie Cookies A Week

"He buys them when they're on offer," said a Tesco Express employee who did not wish to be identified. "Obviously, he doesn't love England enough to pay full price for English products."

To read more of this article, subscribe to the Telegraph digitally now >>

http://rt.com/uk/258153-mps-pay-rise-spree/

All in this together? British MPs handed 10% pay rise

MPs wages are set to rise from £67,000 to £74,000 many times the national average as its revealed that 60 of them went on a spending spree, buying up iPhones, iPads and personal computers before the general election.

The increase of £7,000 per year would also be backdated to May 8, the day after the general election.

In December 2013 we reached a decision that, there should be a package of changes, including pension reform, ending resettlement payments and increasing MPs pay to £74,000, an IPSA spokesman told the Daily Telegraph.

The pay rise was not implemented immediately. Any subsequent pay rise would be back-dated to 8 May 2015. IPSA was created by law to determine MPs pay independent of parliament and government.

The whole issue of mps renumeration and expenses has been one long fucking joke. Disappointed to see loads of the worst offenders were re elected. Example, Nadhim zahawi was caught claiming almost 6k annually to heat his horse stables, and yet comfortably retains his seat. Why?! And now that he's paid it back he gets it handed back In the form of a payrise.

Cameron is a Fascist. Cameron is a Fascist. Cameron is a Fascist. Cameron is a Fascist. Cameron is a Fascist. Cameron is a Fascist. Cameron is a Fascist. Cameron is a Fascist. Cameron is a Fascist. Cameron is a Fascist. Cameron is a Fascist. Cameron is a Fascist. Cameron is a Fascist. Cameron is a Fascist. Cameron is a Fascist. Cameron is a Fascist. Cameron is a Fascist. Cameron is a Fascist. Cameron is a Fascist. Cameron is a Fascist.

Guest chunky

he's in the masons, goes on tv bbc

telegraph employs gchq mi5

strange but true

nice bloke, but...

Guest Atom Dowry Firth

lol

want to comment on the actual meat of my post, the bit that provided evidence for my claim?

Sure

ID cards were initially demanded by the Tory right wing under John Major and they were wasting hundreds of millions of pounds pissing about trying to implement them. The Labour government scrapped the idea when it came to power because it was shit. Then 9/11 happened and the world changed, ID cards were pretty much unanimously backed by the Conservatives and were implemented by Labour through fear of the unknown. Would Labour have introduced them if 9/11 hadn't happened? Almost certainly not. Would the conservatives? Yes, they were actually going to.

Stop and Search was a by-product of Labour's introduction of targets for everything, the point being transparency for the public. Police overusing Stop and Search in order to meet targets was obviously not part of the plan. Labour were trying to negotiate with Theresa May afaik to reform the act but David Cameron blocked the attempt. Again, Tory cuntishness abounds.

90 days without trial. Yeah, again, this is something that was introduced to try to counter terrorism. If you think the Tories wouldn't have brought in something just as bad if not worse if they were in charge when 9/11 happened I'm sorry but you are delusional. Labour would not have brought this in under normal circumstances.

Meanwhile the Tories are not content with laws already in place regarding terrorism. "Britain is too tolerant and should interfere more in people's lives" says David Cameron. They want to bring in a raft of new measures that go so much further than anything Labour have done that it will literally infringe the civil liberties of every single person living in the UK. The Snooper's Charter is a Tory construct, not anyone else's. It is an Orwellian nightmare made real.

And you somehow think Labour are worse?

I said it before and I'll say it again:

lol

Sure

ID cards were initially demanded by the Tory right wing under John Major and they were wasting hundreds of millions of pounds pissing about trying to implement them. The Labour government scrapped the idea when it came to power because it was shit. Then 9/11 happened and the world changed, ID cards were pretty much unanimously backed by the Conservatives and were implemented by Labour through fear of the unknown. Would Labour have introduced them if 9/11 hadn't happened? Almost certainly not. Would the conservatives? Yes, they were actually going to.

Stop and Search was a by-product of Labour's introduction of targets for everything, the point being transparency for the public. Police overusing Stop and Search in order to meet targets was obviously not part of the plan. Labour were trying to negotiate with Theresa May afaik to reform the act but David Cameron blocked the attempt. Again, Tory cuntishness abounds.

90 days without trial. Yeah, again, this is something that was introduced to try to counter terrorism. If you think the Tories wouldn't have brought in something just as bad if not worse if they were in charge when 9/11 happened I'm sorry but you are delusional. Labour would not have brought this in under normal circumstances.

Meanwhile the Tories are not content with laws already in place regarding terrorism. "Britain is too tolerant and should interfere more in people's lives" says David Cameron. They want to bring in a raft of new measures that go so much further than anything Labour have done that it will literally infringe the civil liberties of every single person living in the UK. The Snooper's Charter is a Tory construct, not anyone else's. It is an Orwellian nightmare made real.

And you somehow think Labour are worse?

I said it before and I'll say it again:

lol

I never said the Conservatives weren't awful authoritarians, they're some pretty lame ass excuses you've provided for Labour though. Blair's opposition to ID cards the first time around wasn't some principled defence of liberty, he just said they would cost too much. I know the Snooper's charter was a Tory construct, but Labour made no effort to distance themselves from the policy itself (just some lame argument about the way they tried to bring it in), it was the Lib Dems that prevented it happening. I have no doubt Labour's alternative legislation would have been just as bad, if not worse. There's more just like that as well: ridiculous proliferation of CCTV cameras, cracking down on whistleblowers and leakers, support for CIA rendition, the national DNA database, GCHQ spying, ASBOS, nanny state views on eating/drinking, opposition to drug reform, ridiculous levels of bureaucracy required to run a business (health & safety in the UK is a complete joke for starters), etc., etc. You're living in a fantasy land if you think they're any better than the Conservatives.

Guest Atom Dowry Firth

You're living in a fantasy land if you think they're any better than the Conservatives.

We'll have to agree to disagree I guess. Had a little PM exchange with cwmbrancity about it and I rationalised my preference for Labour like this: "if it's a choice between shit and so shit it makes you want to give yourself a lobotomy with a rusty spoon to make it stop they're the only rational option surely". Didn't vote Labour either this election or last but I know they're the better option of the two main parties. Anyway, enough. I'm off to the cute pictures thread

It's difficult.

The foreign policy of Labour under Blair & Broon became too abhorrent for words, given this country's colonial legacy. Our "wealth" was constructed through global pillaging never witnessed on such a scale since the Romans. You'd think cunts doing Politics, Philosophy & Economics at Oxbridge would've referenced previous follies more fully.

Nobody saw Iraq coming when we were all cheering the demise of John Major. That's been the deciding factor personally and for folks I know who're tie-dyed Labour through & through. I'm still partially stunned at the sheer arrogance that Blair demonstrated throughout this period and look @ Iraq (and Syria by extension) now. Hell on earth in the truest sense.

Look @ Afghanistan. Another omnishambles. What was the "policy"? Containment? Stopping heroin trade? Looking like imperialist cunts yet again? Slaughtering civilians? Getting young service men blown to shit cos we couldn't even supply the necessary equipment? Its beyond fuckin words.

Until Labour completely strip out that old dead wood, of which Millipede AND Balls AND the rest are all ingrained in, Labour are unelectable imho.

No the Torys are no better, in which case actually getting involved in local politics and creating the change you seek is the only credible answer/solution.

Archived