So, finally the new Vibert album on Planet Mu seems to be getting out after a few years of rumours :)

Just announced at the Planet Mu showcase on BBC Radio 1 yesterday. Not really sure about the spelling of the title but w/a.

Planned for release in October, first track on it is called Knock Out (played on that Planet Mu show, last track).

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

.given this sounds neither like his Reason sampling stuff or his recent acid work (both of which I enjoy but I feel like he's explored enough) I'm -very- hopeful. a definite purchase.

brings Bend Over to mind - a couple of strategically placed vocal samples, and lots of lusssshness.

i can't not love Luke Vibert, his output of the past 4-5 years has been some of my favorite stuff he's ever done. This sounds really nice, looking forward to it

.given this sounds neither like his Reason sampling stuff or his recent acid work (both of which I enjoy but I feel like he's explored enough) I'm -very- hopeful. a definite purchase.

brings Bend Over to mind - a couple of strategically placed vocal samples, and lots of lusssshness.

He's been using Reason since Musipal/ Bend Over era... Do you not like that style? I feel his best stuff was pre-Reason but there are some absolute gems, among the bombs. It's seems like he whips off tracks too quickly and recycles a lot of the same samples (which at first didn't bother me).

Knockout seems to be using a slowed down synth lead from Jungle Hitler- No? Speaking of recycling...

nice track, prefer when he's a bit more subtle with his vocal samples. he has the tendency to go overboard at times.

He's been using Reason since Musipal/ Bend Over era... Do you not like that style? I feel his best stuff was pre-Reason but there are some absolute gems, among the bombs. It's seems like he whips off tracks too quickly and recycles a lot of the same samples (which at first didn't bother me).

i thought Musipal was a transitional album where he was using both approaches. but i'm pretty much with you on this one - i like the style, but he seems to have gotten a bit lazy about it lately. i'd really like to hear some long-form samples again (Space Race anyone?) but my least favourite tracks by him now are when he's just slicing and dicing a couple of samples on top of the Sing Sing break a la most of Rhythm and others. I would be equally happy if he just put out more instrumentally lush synth-laden stuff like this.