IGNORED

Need to get cool

Guest skibby

Guest skibby

I wondered if anybody has any guidelines to attain mass appeal. I have enjoyed being ridiculous and playing the fool and although it is it's own reward...

I have read tales of "losing face" or "saving face," well what if you have no face at all as an artist? How do you go about building a supercool brand name out of yourself and get that teflon smooth public image?

I had some ideas. I'm almost 40 but I was noticing that this hairstyle was something that young people like to rock these days:

200x150Bibers-pieversas-1.jpg

also, the publicity photos like this seem to get all the kids spending their allowance money on records:

faithplusone1.jpg

anyway, I am really sorry that those two pics aren't the exact same pixel dimension, yeah it bothers me too.

thanks in advance for your ideas!

start lifting weights, get a skin care regimen, get some snazzy outfits, put some highlights in your hair, get really good at fellatio

yes this

if you don't look like this you are not cool

iAbdRW6.jpg

it's mostly triangles and birds, man

use phrases like "structural aesthetic" when describing intangible media, make sure to say things like "it's a necessary mutation channeling ancient, wayward spirits thru new/old technology" and that your music "is concerned with sonification and momentum, rather than "musicality"; clashing illicit substance with experimental style; mangling memes in translation to manifest direct new meanings", they won't even know what they're listening for :sup:

When A Drake song comes on at a party, turn it off, hook up your old school iPod and play something off of Draft 7.30. Enjoy your newfound popularity

One time i was listening to a taylor swift song and i found myself wondering what would it take for someone like me to get a girl like her and the only solution i found was to create/do something so cool and people go "holy shit did you see what he did, thats cool"

if you lack the looks, at least have your brain.

Hire a youngin to be the "face" of your "brand".

the younger the better.

people will shit when they see how cute the 5 year old can be while also making killer traacks

interviews with that kid would be front page stuff too

When A Drake song comes on at a party, turn it off, hook up your old school iPod and play something off of Draft 7.30. Enjoy your newfound popularity

Drake 7.30

I'd blast either 6ie.cr or V-PROC

Hey man if you want to be cool you just need to hang out around WATMM more. There are a lot of really popular, extreamly cool people here that will show you the ropes and you'll pick it up in no time.

Archived