IGNORED

AFX Visual Association

Hail Sagan

Analoggins

tumblr_m3ttkxaNJh1qfzh6do2_250.gif

A while ago somebody uploaded a tuss track with Jan Svankmajer's Food video. Don't think it's around anymore, but I also associate those now...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think this image (shot in Salar de Uyuni, Bolivia) accurately decribes how I feel when I listen to Cliffs:

Salar_de_Uyuni_Bolivia.jpg

Much of ...I Care Because You Do brings back memories of Ely, where most of my childhood was spent. This image isa a great example:

11885942006_ef592be680_b.jpg

Boards of Canada tends to create the same scenes in my head as well. But the tone of those lead synths in ICBYD is just beyond words.

Lichen

mute sound on youtube and try not to cry

[youtubehd]6dav-uNK3aA[/youtubehd]

Sorry, but a video with humans in it just doesn't go with SAW II. I think this one captures it perfectly:
[youtubehd]nWnUuosQwZY[/youtubehd]

Aphex Twin's early stuff in general, especially that song, always make me think of my grandparents' house in western Germany. I'm returning for the first time in ages next month, so I'm very excited and listening to a lot of Aphex.

Lichen

nature-winter-landscapes-trees-snow-sunr

That one's beautiful. I think it fits a bit better with Hexagon, though. That track always makes me think of bright and snow-covered days. We don't get too many of them here in Maryland, so I that makes it even more nostalgic.

yellow calx

tumblr_nn9ggnb76u1sm0gfqo1_250.jpgtumblr_mpy5v02Hou1qdp36go1_500.jpgtumblr_nng4doEFnT1qc5p7xo1_250.jpgtumblr_nndu50NeIS1r10qqno2_r1_500.jpgtumblr_nnd961xOEx1qau3eho1_250.jpgtumblr_mziiunug9l1qdac8co1_500.giftumblr_nn8xog9trH1u7iuryo1_500.giftumblr_nnb6dpnbuw1s6n9n3o1_250.jpg

Hey, that second image for Yellow Calx is from the documentary Watermark! That one has a lot of great imagery like this. I highly recommend it to everyone!

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, that second image for Yellow Calx is from the documentary Watermark! That one has a lot of great imagery like this. I highly recommend it to everyone!

cool i'll check it out!

You definitely should. It shows how water is used in many different parts of the world and how different cultures think about and manage it. Even if you aren't interested in water at all, it's fascinating just for the diversity of images.

Archived