IGNORED

SOSWII Wishlist/EditSoundcloud Playlist for Richard

hayhook

Hey y'all

Anybody able to make a poll of which tracks from RDJ's soundcloud SOSWII

playlist make the cut for a double album?

Don't know if it's possible to make one with track lengths attached so

you get to vote for 160mins/2hrs 40mins of music (2x80minCD)

if not, post your Surfing on Sine Waves II playlist here...

Here's Mine, in the order Rich has uploaded to Soundcloud.

Haven't Ordered into two discs...

1 8 Utopia

4 Quad Rave TEAC

9 1 Chink 101

11 SomewhereOTTGTBAG

15 SallyVingoe

17 16 Fresher + Cleaner

19 GPO Beat

21 Plinkyplonk

27 Renalgade Sonar

28 17 Kids Beach

30 1 Human Rotation

32 8 Knife Fork Freq

33 mooow [Dixons Theft mix]

36 34.5 P.e

40 CooltempoDemo

65 1 P - String

71 Bellbrk

74 Fork Rave

100 35 Japan

115 fmsubBass

117 thy're here aahha

120 subCan

122 prncDMC

161 5 Scorrier

167 6 RANDOM FX

168 5 African Rhyt

187 1 Metal Gate

189 9 Spectrum

211 cooltempoDemo2

Noone on this then....?

Surprised as Richard explicitly asked for help in compiling a track order

Apparently Richard would like people to create playlists on soundcloud and message him or link in comments so he can check them more easily

It depends on what you want from it. If it is really a potential release I'd want all the best tracks on it from the list, it would be something like this:

1) Chink 101

2) Quad Rave

2) Utopia

4) [bicycle wheel]

5) How Much I Wanted You

6) mooooow [dixons theft]

7)P-String

8) Plinky Plonk

9) Spectrum

10) Kids Beach

11) Fresher & Cleaner

12) Sally Vingoe

13) glockenspiel TEAC

14) Fork Rave

but if I wanted something that sounds like a continuation of the vibe of the first one it would be something more like:

1) Quad Rave

2) Glockenspiel TEAC

3) 5.P.e

4) P-String

5) mooow

6) Cooltempo Demo

7) SubCan

8) Sally Vingoe

9) x-Rays

10) Catsquidge2

11) prncDMC

12) Renegade Sonar

13) Chink 101

leaving out some of the ravier agrro stuff, which could easily be enough to compile a decent Caustic Window album as well.

Noone on this then....?

Surprised as Richard explicitly asked for help in compiling a track order

Apparently Richard would like people to create playlists on soundcloud and message him or link in comments so he can check them more easily

that's actually a good idea!

How people can omit 19 Winding Road from SOSWII playlist I have no idea. It's the most SOSW sounding track in the whole dump in my opinion. Woodblock percussion and downtempo piano-esque melody. SOSW as fuck

How people can omit 19 Winding Road from SOSWII playlist I have no idea. It's the most SOSW sounding track in the whole dump in my opinion. Woodblock percussion and downtempo piano-esque melody. SOSW as fuck

Actually, Winding Road isn't in rdj's selection of the SOSWII. I'm guessing everyone based their choice on the list that rdj gave (understandibly)

Actually, Winding Road isn't in rdj's selection of the SOSWII. I'm guessing everyone based their choice on the list that rdj gave (understandibly)

Oh

Well I'll shut up then lol. It's just the only track where I immediately thought "fuck, unreleased SOSW"

Guest Bourbon Surf

I just compiled mine: here

Chink 101
Random FX
African Rhyt
Spectrum
Utopia
SubCan
SallyVingoe
Plinky Plonk [Orig]
Kids Beach
P-String
Comes in at 54 mins. I went against the idea of a double album because on reflection surfing on sine waves 1 has a really high quality threshold and i feel sosw2 should maintain that. I chose exclusively from the 36 tracks he put in his playlist. I missed a few great tracks because they've already been released elsewhere in some format (Japan, and Scorrier) and some tracks i felt were better suited to Caustic Window like X-Ray, GPO Beat. Some seemed very Polygon Window but i just felt were too repetitive or just didn't connect as well as I think they should [pretty subjective i know] like Metal Gate, They're Here. I also tried to get that satisfying transition between different energy levels and moods that his release running orders do so well.

Archived