IGNORED

CN - The Derelict

Just like NU I bought both the bandcamp version and the WeMe vinyl. This shit is so worth it. Just had my first listen and on my second now, I really needed this :)

SO GOOD <3

P.S.: I'm still of the opinion that the artwork deserves to be made into a poster or something. Adam Burke ftw!

+1 Agree with everything there.

Ooh this is finally out! Sounds crisp and funky. Getting hints of the CN release on CPU, and maybe a little Todd Terje in spots.

Only complaint is that it's over too soon. Guess I'll just have to relisten to the EODS series as well.

One of my favorite things about this album so far, is how sharp all the parts sound together when listened to loudly on headphones in a low noise environment... The execution is very clean and slick, in an analog kind of way.

Nu has a wash of warm noise, soothing ambient vibe, this is just a different aesthetic

cheers :)

yes, this album is actually 3-4 years old by now, was going to come out on WR but they couldn't afford the pressing. fred got in touch earlier this year about doing a joint release, and i was glad to have it released at last.

it's definitely not as cohesive as Nu, but it's probably 3 years older as well, and recorded very differently. still really happy with how it came out.

cheers to you for such great music - you've really found your own sound and I hope it is paying dividends financially. Hard to top Nu because that was one of the best albums of this decade and the best album of 2014. no joke.

Seeing how big of a leap NU was in the CN sound evolution, it will be intresting to hear the follow up to this album (space themed CN). NU is without a doubt a masterpiece (to my ears), and artifacts complimented it greatly.

Really glad Derelict is finally out, tunes are fantastic! though i'm waiting 4 my clear vinyl still.

First listen and I gotta say I really dig it. Kind of the marriage between old and new CN in a way. Smooth and funky, crisp and cool. Favorite bit thus far was Assistant - that drum pattern just lays down the funk. Only sad that the album is over so quickly, but it kind of works given how concise and to-the-point the music is. Can't wait to get the vinyl!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...
46 minutes ago, andrd said:

My order was refunded yesterday, they sent an email saying it was set as a preorder by mistake.  Hopefully it'll get a repress eventually

Bummer, would have been a nice warehouse find.

third try...

i dedicate my one thousandth post to CN, hopefully stored in a library somewhere sometime in the future past :music:much love

My copy from Wil-Ru came in today.  They still have stock it looks like too.  Thanks again for the heads up

Archived