IGNORED

LEGO Appreciation Thread

Rubin Farr

I have loved building with Lego since I was a little kid. I have tons of 90's sets from space to city to pirates... I even took to building giant Rube Goldberg machines with my Lego and some marbles. This was my best one, maybe built when I was around 6 - 7th grade:

qlCvVYJ.jpg

Then I really got into the Technic super cars. I've been trying to collect them for a while now. These are the one's I've been able to get so far:

l80WYDJ.jpg

k0YRISI.jpg

arfDoMN.jpg

w0BEtVS.jpg

It kinda looks like this set, which if I remember I received for my 10th birthday. It splits into 3 sections which I thought was the coolest thing ever.

ECD85C97-7BB7-4F6B-AE77-D5676367526B_zps

I had that one too. Christmas Day 1983, putting it together. Awesome.

Thinking back, this was a great set but it always bugged me that the astronaut that sits in the back (there's a sort of 'lab' at the back that can be detatched and dropped off) couldnt wear his life-support backpack because he was sitting in a chair. So if you were playing and you wanted that guy to get up and leave the lab, you had to pull his head off to get his backpack on. Pulling the minifigs head off kind of 'broke the rules' and broke your immersion in the play.

Jus sayin.

I have loved building with Lego since I was a little kid. I have tons of 90's sets from space to city to pirates... I even took to building giant Rube Goldberg machines with my Lego and some marbles. This was my best one, maybe built when I was around 6 - 7th grade:

qlCvVYJ.jpg

Can't believe nobody's commented on how awesome this is. Also reminds me of a time as a kid when I got really into lining up dominos and doing elaborate Rube Goldberg things with them.

Can't believe nobody's commented on how awesome this is. Also reminds me of a time as a kid when I got really into lining up dominos and doing elaborate Rube Goldberg things with them.

the ending was a guillotine that chopped off a lego man's head (the all red bit on the table)

Edited by Charles Nelson Reilly

qlCvVYJ.jpg

This is great. Reminds me of the old K'nex idea books where they put pics of ppls creations at the beginning and end.

the ending was a guillotine that chopped off a lego man's head (the all red bit on the table)

Yeah, that's awesome.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...