IGNORED

LEGO Appreciation Thread

Rubin Farr

On 5/19/2020 at 9:40 PM, IDEM said:

VIP presale for 10273 Haunted House starts at midnight tonight. It's got a whoppin' 3241 pieces for 299,- bucks, so price/part ratio is actually pretty decent.

It's the latest addition to the Fairground sets, but at the same time the first one under the new 18+ line aimed at, well, adults. New box design looks really good IMO.

https://www.lego.com/en-de/product/haunted-house-10273

Also, you can currently DL the Ninjago Movie Game for free, which is pretty cool.

https://www.ttgames.com/2020/05/15/the-lego-ninjago-movie-game-available-free/

damn that looks like a great set.

lego is pretty fuckin great ngl, spin some good music an get hooked into building some wild shit. theres worse ways to spend a long afternoon!

Just now, Jafs said:

A few months ago I finally went through building that Apollo 11 LEM. Nice one.

ahh that one looks crazy good

37 minutes ago, randomsummer said:

I just ordered the Lambo this morning.  It was already backordered to July 2.

maxresdefault.jpg

For that price it better be full-size :emotawesomepm9:

45 minutes ago, randomsummer said:

maxresdefault.jpg

thats fuckin insane, legos really become crazy since i last bought kits

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, randomsummer said:

maxresdefault.jpg

yeah that’s fuckin sweet. dunno about the gold rims tho

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/1/2020 at 9:35 PM, randomsummer said:

maxresdefault.jpg

Nice ride, but mine is pretty cool to. It only comes in black though. Or very very dark grey.

20200612_151304.jpg

20200612_152719.jpg

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, randomsummer said:

Nice!  I have the tumbler, but not the newer (older) Batmobile.

I still love the tumbler, but seeing the two side by side, I was surprised how much more sophisticated and slick the new model looks. I mean, they're different models, and the tumbler is more clunky by nature, but still, I think a new version would look significantly different. Say what you will about Lego, but they always keep evolving, and five or six years make quite a difference when it comes to details.

The 1989 Batmobile was a pretty demanding build too, I even made one or twice mistakes and had to retrace quite a bit, doesn"t happen to me that often. Very much fun though.

Speaking of which, I have been pretty busy this week. This was a very nice building experience too.

The second pic is of my favorite section in the instructions. That alone must have cost me like 45 minutes. ?

20200612_163035.jpg

20200612_164009.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Haha nice, I remember that step!  I like the rollercoaster, too, and a lot of the fairground sets that they've come out with.

I also really like the "Mixer" and how it folds into the bed of its trailer.

A1YJnkecFNL._AC_SL1500_.thumb.jpg.dd774694b553127a553ea86d4b1e3f35.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Seinfeld's gonna be an official Lego set:

https://ideas.lego.com/blogs/a4ae09b6-0d4c-4307-9da8-3ee9f3d368d6/post/fe963822-d1c7-4abb-b961-2b0885a221ce

Pretty, pretty, pretty cool ...

Meanwhile, Daft Punk Pyramid really won the Music In Our Ears contest, but it's still in review, so no word as of yet if it will actually go into production.

https://ideas.lego.com/blogs/a4ae09b6-0d4c-4307-9da8-3ee9f3d368d6/post/2f1c5353-7911-4f2b-9641-b4ea70b883f3

Edited by IDEM

Lego Art feat. The Beatles, Iron Man, Marilyn Monroe, and Star Wars Sith revealed:

https://www.brothers-brick.com/2020/07/01/lego-art-revealed-as-mosaics-of-the-beatles-marilyn-monroe-star-wars-sith-and-iron-man-news/

Man, four Warhol Marilyns would be sweet, but price is kind of prohibitive. And yet ...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

NES incl. tube TV :cool:

In case you have any doubts, this is really going to be an official set, btw.; set no. is 71374.

Mario will be able to move while the background scrolls. It also ties in with 71360 Super Mario Starter Course Set.

This is the next release under the 18+ label. Lego is really homing in on the more mature fans -- lots of cool big sets recently and in the near future. While my wallet gently weeps ...

Edit: Well, that was quick. Official link with more official pictures: 

https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/nintendo-entertainment-system-71374

Edited by IDEM
Added new link and videos
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, prdctvsm said:

vid starts w. background art for Lego set packaging...

Interesting; I was wondering why these liminal spaces images don't seem to work on me at all when he explained the importamce of cultural context. And indeed, I found the Russian ones far more eerie even though I'm from central Europe.

If anything, these pictures strongly remind me of maps in FPS games or some levels in The Last of Us or even Dead Space (sic).

• 3 weeks later...

I've always wanted to get into LEGO, I remember having a SpongeBob set as a kid I never built because the pictured/textless instructions confused my dumbass and my family somehow. I regret never learning how to do it. 

this is embarassing to point out but it happened lmao.

8 hours ago, President Squidward said:

I've always wanted to get into LEGO, I remember having a SpongeBob set as a kid I never built because the pictured/textless instructions confused my dumbass and my family somehow. I regret never learning how to do it. 

this is embarassing to point out but it happened lmao.

If it's any consolation, instructions have actually gotten easier in recent years, with the respective steps being highlighted and brightly colored bricks used for foundations etc. to facilitate orientation.

So no excuses anymore, time to dig in! ?‍?