IGNORED

LEGO Appreciation Thread

Rubin Farr

7 hours ago, President Squidward said:

lmao ikr... way back in the mid 00's. Though I'll REALLY feel old in like 10-15 years when being an 8 year old was 30 years ago. ?

I think he meant compared to you. ?

Way back in the mid 00's, lol.

• Haha 1

Still a rumor, but a very well-founded one: Lego will release the largest set to date, Lego Creator 10276 Roman Colosseum, in November. With a whopping 9027 pieces, it'll be substantially bigger than the hitherto largest set, 75192 Millennium Falcon -- but probably quite a bit more tedious to build due to many repetitive sections, much like 10256 Taj Mahal. Price is estimated to be something between $/€499,- and 699,-.

https://www.thebrickfan.com/lego-creator-roman-colosseum-10276-rumored-for-november-release/

Three months to clean out the basement, Lego fans. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

LEGO Foundation is donating a shit ton of money in all the right areas and LEGO Ventures is investing and works with entrepreneurs in order to make learning, creativity, and play a greater whole. They're all about learning through play and adaptive education. I would have loved this when I was a kid.

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
On 8/4/2020 at 8:13 PM, President Squidward said:

lmao ikr... way back in the mid 00's. Though I'll REALLY feel old in like 10-15 years when being an 8 year old was 30 years ago. ?

It's crazy how long Spongebob and Pokemon has maintained popularity, I suppose things like Barbie and GI Joe were similar. Star Wars too - part of my step away from being a super fan is just embracing the fact that it's a vessel for toys, video games, legos, models, etc. 

Besides Hot Wheels/Matchbox sized cars I can't think of a toy more omnipresent than Lego. My kids are getting into them more and more. I find his figures all over the house. He's 5 now and getting more of a hang with following the directions by himself. Help him build this one recently:

75235_alt2.png

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 3/26/2021 at 2:48 PM, Joyrex said:

LEGO Master Series Star Wars Mos Eisley Cantina - OMFG!

https://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Eisley-Cantina-Master-Builder/dp/B08K8JH29S

image.png

If this was available when I was a kid I would have sold my SOUL to own it

Almost got this for my son for Christmas, but instead went with the PlayStation vr. He still ended up getting an avengers helicarrier and the razors edge from mandalorian. We are still trying to finish the Death Star, too, so our house is becoming overrun with giant Star Wars sets.

I agree, tho, it’s one of the coolest Lego sets ever.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ArtificialDisco said:

Somehow I can't help but think this would make a decent album cover.

I feel like these pieces, plus the buttons and controls in the original Star Wars are the designs and aesthetics I look for in gear. I almost feel so influenced by them that I might disregard gear that is too “bubbly”. It was one of the biggest complaints I had with the prequels. The Empire just built cooler ships and equipment, I guess. 

• Like 1