LEGO Appreciation Thread

Rubin Farr

On 9/18/2021 at 3:07 PM, randomsummer said:

Cue the slap bass.

(You can see LD on the fridge)

image000000.jpg

image000001.jpg

image000002.jpg

It should come with an LD mini fig standing off set, pulling what’s left of his hair out, with a script in his hand. If not, then cue the Kickstarter for the Curb Your Enthusiasm set. ?

• Like 1

I’m feeling pretty low at the moment but this was a delightful thread to read while nursing a sore back and pint in my local pub. Once again winters coming and once again I struggle with how to keep myself occupied in a positive way as the nights draw in. Red wine and Netflix is okay, but that only goes so far (plus I’d like to drink a little less red wine…) Reading books seems dependent on a very erratic mood swing but adult Lego could definitely work for me, something different to direct my energy into. I was kind of obsessed with it as a kid, doing the technical lego car kits etc (I remember pneumatic Lego?) This thread has really inspired me to get back into it. Especially the World Map and the Wind Turbine which are still in stock. The downside? It’s gonna cost me five hundred English pounds to procure them. Having said that they are damn cool objects to keep and look beautiful. So maybe it’s worth it. 

Edited by beerwolf
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Looks great! I decided this year to finally unpack all the LEGO sets I acquired in my travels to different countries, and set up a Hogwarts Express / fantasy / spaceport smorgasburg. I do have a motor kit for the Hogwarts train, but maybe next year, also couldn't find my LEGO gingerbread house, damn.

xm1.jpg

xm2.jpg

xm3.jpg

xm4.jpg

xm5.jpg

xm6.jpg

xm7.jpg

xm8.jpg

xm9.jpg

xm10.jpg

xm11.jpg

xm12.jpg

xm13.jpg

• Like 4

Played some lego three summers ago at a friend place, before covid and pretty much loved it as much as a kid. Constructed a kind of brain soup boiler with a witch and sacrifice shrine in lego lol

If i had a house i would have a music room, a painting room and a lego room i think.

edit: found the photos of it

IMG_20191227_194427.jpg

IMG_20191227_194437.jpg

IMG_20191227_194504.jpg

IMG_20191227_194516.jpg

Edited by thefxbip
  • Like 3