IGNORED

LEGO Appreciation Thread

Rubin Farr

A kid I knew growing up was an early adopter of lego pirates so he gt the DANGEROUS cannons.  I still feel cheated that when I finally got some Lego pirate stuff a year later my cannons didn't have springs in them and only shot a foot or two, instead of shooting all the way across the room like his did.

On 10/17/2019 at 9:46 PM, auxien said:

men only want one thing and it's fucking disgusting

That's really cool - innovative ways of making LEGO work the makers probably never intended.

On 10/22/2019 at 1:38 PM, Joyrex said:

That's really cool - innovative ways of making LEGO work the makers probably never intended.

They not only "probably never intended" it, they actually discourage you from doing it because it puts too much stress on the bricks -- hence it's illegal. Ironically though, it looks like they recently used an illegal building technique on 71043 Hogwarts themselves. Jang did a video on it:

I've bought that set a couple of months ago, but haven't built it yet. Come winter, I'll have a lot of building(s) to catch up on ...

• 4 weeks later...

76139 1989 Batmobile coming on Black Friday.

Also, the 2020 Ninjago sets have just been revealed, and they have a really wicked Cyberpunk vibe goin' on. Lots of neon and neat figures. I dig it.

https://www.promobricks.de/lego-ninjago-2020-setbilder/89102

• 2 months later...

I’m such a crotchety old man. What happened to the big buckets of LEGO with no goddamned instructions. 
my kid is building something now, it’s literally just follow the instructions, no creativity required. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, chenGOD said:

I’m such a crotchety old man. What happened to the big buckets of LEGO with no goddamned instructions. 
my kid is building something now, it’s literally just follow the instructions, no creativity required. 

At one point I thought the same, but there's something extremely calming about following the instructions and seeing what is possible with LEGO. It brings you new knowledge and inspiration to build things that you didn't realise was possible.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Squee said:

At one point I thought the same, but there's something extremely calming about following the instructions and seeing what is possible with LEGO. It brings you new knowledge and inspiration to build things that you didn't realise was possible.

It’s like model building with no risk though. I dunno. Just not for me. That’s cool though. Think I was feeling extra crotchety last night cause of helping my kid with her LEGO efforts lol

1 hour ago, chenGOD said:

It’s like model building with no risk though. I dunno. Just not for me. That’s cool though. Think I was feeling extra crotchety last night cause of helping my kid with her LEGO efforts lol

There are some second-hand Lego shops around me that sell bulk bricks by weight.  I'm thinking of buying a bunch of technic / regular bricks because I'm building a Rube Goldberg contraption and just making it up on the fly as I build.

Untitled.jpg

Untitled1.jpg

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Squee said:

This. But boxes with mixed bricks still exist (try saying that three times fast, lol). Check out 11008 or 10696 for examples.

Also the Ideas ISS is about to come out.

https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/international-space-station-21321