IGNORED

Vote On Your Favourite User18081971 Tracks!

Joyrex

Wow, that voting site is very well done--so cool to have a polished, fan-driven thing like this.

I was just wondering, though, about proportions. Suppose RDJ uploads 400 tracks--that would make selecting 20 tracks way harder than it already is. How about keeping a ratio: vote for your favorite top 10%?

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a note that I met xf on my very first night in Oz on a working visa trip there back in 2006!

It was at a gig, by chance!

Knew him from the xltronic days and he brought us to the "Blue Mountains" a day or so after the gig to see some nature.

Little did I know then that I'd be voting in a poll of epic proportions such as this, designed by the very same chap.

Nuts!

Also want to say my thanks to xf! My number one first world hero. The voting site looks really good. The top list is looking promising at this point but I have to confess I'm little worried for afx[rough mix] (<=teehee no fancy symbols here) and Rough Beat Tune. Two of my absolute favorites (sic). Also surprised that Martin's Car hasn't been more popular... I guess it tells something about the quality of the ''gift''. So many gems and maybe even more coming! Haven't voted yet but will do it within the next few days.

rough beat tune has my vote, can't believe there aren't more for it. Classic afx imo.

yes, will vote for that one too!

Agreed. I voted Tsim 2.

Imagine being at an afx gig and he's blasting that out on a club sound system? It'd be glorious!

I've had this daydream a few times myself, I just replaced the club with a big field somewhere in the middle of nowhere.

I don't have much faith in this voting thing, after seeing what the tracks are that most people are liking.

The fact that 17 elb1 and 7 ∂ƒ∆ [rough mix] don't have the majority of the votes makes me believe everyone on WATMM has fucked up ears.

Heres my list...

- Sams Car

- 14 07 B

- 7 ?ƒ? [rough mix]

- 13 High Hats Tune Tamclap Orig

- 1 P - String

- Fork Rave

- 35 Japan

- luke vibert spiral staircase [future music competition] [afx remix]

- 179 brk 2

- Cottage4 Af 1

- (mortal 1)

- 6 RANDOM FX

- 18 SsbA

- 9 spectrum

- 17 elb1

- 18 elb2

- 34 ibiza spliff

- Cheetah3 Teac

- Pretend Analog Extmix 2b

- Nightmail 1

Edited by J3FF3R00

I don't have much faith in this voting thing, after seeing what the tracks are that most people are liking.

The fact that 17 elb1 and 7 ∂ƒ∆ [rough mix] don't have the majority of the votes makes me believe everyone on WATMM has fucked up ears.

Heres my list...

- Sams Car

- 14 07 B

- 7 ?ƒ? [rough mix]

- 13 High Hats Tune Tamclap Orig

- 1 P - String

- Fork Rave

- 35 Japan

- luke vibert spiral staircase [future music competition] [afx remix]

- 179 brk 2

- Cottage4 Af 1

- (mortal 1)

- 6 RANDOM FX

- 18 SsbA

- 9 spectrum

- 17 elb1

- 18 elb2

- 34 ibiza spliff

- Cheetah3 Teac

- Pretend Analog Extmix 2b

- Nightmail 1

cheers on 9 spectrum

Rough Beat Tune needs more love! I've listened to that one more than any other I think. It's basically an alternate Acrid Avid Jam Shred!

Rough Beat Tune needs more love! I've listened to that one more than any other I think. It's basically an alternate Acrid Avid Jam Shred!

love Rough Beat but didn't quite make my top 20.. just goes to show how awesome this is, so many more tunes I could have added but was interesting trying to get it down 20!

1 Chink 101

19 Ssnb

1 nocares

7 ?ƒ? [rough mix]

12 Rough Beat Tune

11 Slo Bird Whistle[peel Sesh]

Fork Rave

8 Lush Ambulance 2

28 organ

19 [slo]w early morning clissold sunrise

T13 Quadraverb

6 RANDOM FX

36 Shroommdot [miCro3] [8th dimension transmission]

medievil rave Mk2 [pre plague mix]

24 Tsim 2

14 Cornish Spreek5b [st. Nectan S Glen Waterfalls Mix]

CHEETAHT7 Teac

8 Glock+onion

Pretend Analog Extmix 2b

Nightmail 1

Edited by Hail Sagan

SHORT MENTAL AFX

no pls no

has givn me many heartattacks on the bus.. awesome lil bit tho

this

i never expect it coming then it destroys my ears

was scared i'd ruin the car speakers once when it came on - i almost want to delete it from my soundcloud dump on phone just so it doesn't come on randomly (or maybe lower the volume - it's way higher than the rest)

Edited by Zeffolia

Avid acrid jam shred would be in my top five all time Aphex tracks. It's brilliant.

Edited by CroydonCaptainJack

argh, 20 is nowhere near enough votes!

great work from all involved. top marks.

minor quibble: change the .sidebar class so it stays in view while you scroll, and add a scroll-bar to #votetracks_wrapper

also, would be nice if you could select more than the max # of tracks, but would stop you from clicking save until you've removed the extra ones, would make whittling the list down a bit easier.

Avid acrid jam shred would be in my top five all time Aphex tracks. It's brilliant.

Oh mine too, definitely. I think it's one of the high points in electronic music history! But I like Rough Beat Tune for the same reasons, such a gorgeous buildup.

click save? :)

i'm probably gonna reimplement this so it automatically saves.. i kinda like being able to make a selection before locking it in, but i'm concerned how many people might be forgetting to click save (even though the instructions say otherwise)

can you send me a screenshot if this looks any different to you? (or let me know if this wasn't obvious? it's useful feedback)

azeZb2K.png

I think the autosave idea is a good one. I don't know what I did the first time (it could probably be chalked up to an operator error) but I spent a good deal of time picking my 20 tracks and when I went to hit save I was signed out apparently. So yeah, that kinda sucked. Other than that, however, it's great.

ooh the info part is obscuring the button - will need to fix that

click "info". that will make that text disappear and you'll be able to see the vote button