IGNORED

US dates

Guest pixelives

• Replies 999
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not to be a stickler, but I think the thread title should be "North America dates", since they're gonna be in Canada too.

I live too far out of their way, but my best option might be to book a flight down to Portland in September. I've still never seen a live show before.

Oh shit, you've never seen autechre or you haven't seen anyone? Autechre would be a crazy first show.

Gonna try to make it to the LA date, hit me up LA watmmers

I'll be the one WATMM representative for the Denver show! I'm thinking I might hit the Austin show too, the Vulcan Gas Company is a neat, intimate venue with good stage visibility.

Guest pixelives

Sorry about neglecting all my friends up North. I wrote the subject in haste right after seeing the twitter post by Fact. I barely even looked at all the dates by that point.

I'll do my best to be at the Toronto gig

Is that the same cygnus that was on xltronic about 10 years ago? I remember ending up on his myspace page after lurking there back then. He had some great stuff

I'll do my best to be at the Toronto gig

Is that the same cygnus that was on xltronic about 10 years ago? I remember ending up on his myspace page after lurking there back then. He had some great stuff

It's the same cygnus that replied in this thread, he did WATMM AMA just recently, no need for xltronic nostalgia.

http://www.discogs.com/artist/1932807-Cygnus-5

https://cygnusat.bandcamp.com/

cant wait to meet some of you guys! gonna ba killer

Great news, but i wish they would play in SF somewhere other than the Mezzanine. The last time they played there the club bouncers killed the pitch black effect by shining an LED light down at anyone they suspected of smoking weed. I've also witnessed the bouncers threaten to kill a patron in a screaming tirade (twice). disclaimer: this was back in 2008, and a lot has changed in terms of clubs tolerating pot smoking. Now Mezzanine just lets you smoke it on the roped off smoking area in the back, whereas before they would literally threaten to kill you.

Really good choice to have Cygnus as opener

Great news, but i wish they would play in SF somewhere other than the Mezzanine. The last time they played there the club bouncers killed the pitch black effect by shining an LED light down at anyone they suspected of smoking weed. I've also witnessed the bouncers threaten to kill a patron in a screaming tirade (twice). disclaimer: this was back in 2008, and a lot has changed in terms of clubs tolerating pot smoking. Now Mezzanine just lets you smoke it on the roped off smoking area in the back, whereas before they would literally threaten to kill you.

Ouch, yeah I hope they don't fuck too much with the pitch blackness either. Saw sqrpshr at Mezzanine a month or two back and was impressed with the venue other than the weird leaky pipes dripping from the ceiling occasionally.

Ouch, yeah I hope they don't fuck too much with the pitch blackness either. Saw sqrpshr at Mezzanine a month or two back and was impressed with the venue other than the weird leaky pipes dripping from the ceiling occasionally.

its actually very rare these days for a big electronic act like squarepusher or autechre to play at a place like Mezzanine. I think the only other two times in the last few years I can remember an act that big being booked there was Dam Funk and Mr. Oizo. Thank god its not at 1015 folsom though, good on whoever is booking Warp's shows to avoid that venue entirely. The sound inside Mezzanine is still very good though, even compared to other venues out here besides maybe Gafta (that just hosted Lustmord last weekend)

Archived