IGNORED

US dates

Guest pixelives

• Replies 999
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest pasturezerofuture

Maybe we'll be getting some new BoC codes at the sept 25 event,, I'll be at the San Francisco show if anyone wants to linkup connect

Maybe we'll be getting some new BoC codes at the sept 25 event,, I'll be at the San Francisco show if anyone wants to linkup connect

we should gather up all the watmm boys and girls for the AE gig , most of us will probably be here if you want to meet this thursday to assess the cut of our jibs

Great news, but i wish they would play in SF somewhere other than the Mezzanine. The last time they played there the club bouncers killed the pitch black effect by shining an LED light down at anyone they suspected of smoking weed. I've also witnessed the bouncers threaten to kill a patron in a screaming tirade (twice). disclaimer: this was back in 2008, and a lot has changed in terms of clubs tolerating pot smoking. Now Mezzanine just lets you smoke it on the roped off smoking area in the back, whereas before they would literally threaten to kill you.

Really good choice to have Cygnus as opener

Ouch, yeah I hope they don't fuck too much with the pitch blackness either. Saw sqrpshr at Mezzanine a month or two back and was impressed with the venue other than the weird leaky pipes dripping from the ceiling occasionally.

its actually very rare these days for a big electronic act like squarepusher or autechre to play at a place like Mezzanine. I think the only other two times in the last few years I can remember an act that big being booked there was Dam Funk and Mr. Oizo. Thank god its not at 1015 folsom though, good on whoever is booking Warp's shows to avoid that venue entirely. The sound inside Mezzanine is still very good though, even compared to other venues out here besides maybe Gafta (that just hosted Lustmord last weekend)

What's bad about 1015 folsom? I haven't been there yet

Great news, but i wish they would play in SF somewhere other than the Mezzanine. The last time they played there the club bouncers killed the pitch black effect by shining an LED light down at anyone they suspected of smoking weed. I've also witnessed the bouncers threaten to kill a patron in a screaming tirade (twice). disclaimer: this was back in 2008, and a lot has changed in terms of clubs tolerating pot smoking. Now Mezzanine just lets you smoke it on the roped off smoking area in the back, whereas before they would literally threaten to kill you.

Ouch, yeah I hope they don't fuck too much with the pitch blackness either. Saw sqrpshr at Mezzanine a month or two back and was impressed with the venue other than the weird leaky pipes dripping from the ceiling occasionally.

its actually very rare these days for a big electronic act like squarepusher or autechre to play at a place like Mezzanine. I think the only other two times in the last few years I can remember an act that big being booked there was Dam Funk and Mr. Oizo. Thank god its not at 1015 folsom though, good on whoever is booking Warp's shows to avoid that venue entirely. The sound inside Mezzanine is still very good though, even compared to other venues out here besides maybe Gafta (that just hosted Lustmord last weekend)

the middle room there on the 2nd floor is actually fucking awesome, it has amazing sound the problem is they do most shows in the main room only (or sometimes just put random djs in the side room). The main room has what can only be described as sort of a sports stadium concert vibe with fog machines and lasers, the club basically lives and breathes the modern EDM aesthetic and would be totally inappropriate for an act as brilliant as Autechre. The room is not treated very well and sound is just sort of brute force methodology, not clean but super powerful and reflective. It also has a lot of regular attendees that obviously aren't there to see the headlining acts, but just go every weekend to get laid. There are no ins and outs and the bouncers are a lot less friendly to weed even compared to the current vibe of the Mezzanine.

What wrong with Boston? Paradise is a decent venue (at least from what I remember). Definitely gonna make it out meself so see ya jerks there.

Who knows, maybe they'll add a date at the Cape Cod Melody Tent!

Heh didn't see this thread before I made this one.

Any Philly heads here want to meet up and smoke ridiculous amounts of bongs & blunts before heading to Union Transfer let me know.

I'm also thinking about popping down to the DC show because U-Street's soundsystem is ridiculous. DC fans are in for a fucking treat.

Man I'm glad there's a show in Philly, I never have the time to make it to New York. I'm still processing the fact that it's not until October. I have to accept the fact that there will be no awesome concerts until then.

Guest pixelives

I wonder if they'll be requesting additional sound/backline in some of these venues? Wouldn't seem out of the question.

Guest bitroast

** secretly hoping this is all one big miss understanding from someone making a typo and writing US instead of AUS **
:3

the middle room there on the 2nd floor is actually fucking awesome, it has amazing sound the problem is they do most shows in the main room only (or sometimes just put random djs in the side room). The main room has what can only be described as sort of a sports stadium concert vibe with fog machines and lasers, the club basically lives and breathes the modern EDM aesthetic and would be totally inappropriate for an act as brilliant as Autechre. The room is not treated very well and sound is just sort of brute force methodology, not clean but super powerful and reflective. It also has a lot of regular attendees that obviously aren't there to see the headlining acts, but just go every weekend to get laid. There are no ins and outs and the bouncers are a lot less friendly to weed even compared to the current vibe of the Mezzanine.

Aw i see. it always struck me as a more mainstream electronic music venue. Saw that OPN and Teebs played there a year or so back and it seemed like a weird place for them to play based off of all the other acts that have played there

** secretly hoping this is all one big miss understanding from someone making a typo and writing US instead of AUS **

:3

Get your own AE tour! :nelson: Plus you JUST got to see :squarepusher_logo:

This AE tour is circling clockwise around the US. If they did an AU tour, would they go anti-?

Archived