IGNORED

Venetian Snares - Your Face

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Finally he did put some work into his arrangement still the painting by numbers formula he does for a decade now does not really catch me anymore. Imagine aphex or autechre did their hit LPs over and over again

I really miss some deep or catching melody theme evolving throughout the song. It's like a firework: once all effects are burned off not much of substance is left. Snare would really benefit by dropping all the breaks once and doing some piano only release instead without singing

Have you heard My Downfall? More strings that piano but very little beat wise

and Ive said it before and will no doubt say it again but people that think all Snares stuff sounds the same either havent listened to that much of his discography or their ears dont work :)

New track sounds nice btw looking forward to this!!

I really miss some deep or catching melody theme evolving throughout the song.

What snares track actually has this?

some of his albums have identifiable character

Chocolate Wheelchair Album, for instance

you can hear 3 seconds of that and know what album it is

or Cubist Reggae

but most of AF's shit is just indistinguishable

like, would anyone be surprised if he didn't actually make breakcore from scratch?

but rather he just shifted the same 8 bars of it around over and over for 20 fucking albums?

really good track but sounds like any other vstrack

vsnares is pretty varied idk why you won't sample some and hear for yourself instead of drawing a conclusion like that

yeah it literally sounds just like this

which sounds just like this

and this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xa5oVwZk3Gg

ah no, those are exceptionally awesome.

really good track but sounds like any other vstrack

vsnares is pretty varied idk why you won't sample some and hear for yourself instead of drawing a conclusion like that

I don't like anything post Filth by VS

You just said that cubist reggae track is exceptionally awesome. It's post Filth.

yeah it literally sounds just like this

which sounds just like this

and this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xa5oVwZk3Gg

Yeah man those tracks all sound EXACTLY the same :whistling:

Not sure how people can't hear how varied his music is but meh.

Not a huge huge fan of Snares but even I can hear the programming on this one is a huge step up from his older breakcore stuff, the percussion work is bloody incredible here ! Love the passage from around 2mins with all the 8bit arcade ditties and SFX

oh fuck well. My bad. My only correct and valid post here will be:

I don't like My So Called Life, My Love is a Bulldozer and I lost interest in VS with those 2. I hope this new one brings something interesting but by the sample I don't know. It's still cool anyways.

I really miss some deep or catching melody theme evolving throughout the song.

What snares track actually has this?

some of his albums have identifiable character

Chocolate Wheelchair Album, for instance

you can hear 3 seconds of that and know what album it is

or Cubist Reggae

but most of AF's shit is just indistinguishable

like, would anyone be surprised if he didn't actually make breakcore from scratch?

but rather he just shifted the same 8 bars of it around over and over for 20 fucking albums?

Huge Chrome Cylinder Box Unfolding and Rossz Csillag Alatt Született have very strong melodies for example. Winter In The Belly Of A Snake too.

oh fuck well. My bad. My only correct and valid post here will be:

I don't like My So Called Life, My Love is a Bulldozer and I lost interest in VS with those 2. I hope this new one brings something interesting but by the sample I don't know. It's still cool anyways.

You didn't like Fool the Detector? I thought it was pretty impressive, original... very unique.

I'm not enamored by the sample track of this new one either tbh, I hope it's the worst off the release.

Are you showing me or someone else?

I love both of those albums! Particular WITBOAS

I was referring to zkreso asking which snares track has a deep or catchy melody, but as I see you share the same impression. These release are still great today for exact the same reason

SOO when a baby hears people talking, it believes the sounds are all nonsense sounds.

the baby will sort of reproduce/mock those sounds and laugh. to the baby, it is just a funny/aimless/simple game. baby believes there is literally no way that parents are doing anything but making totally random sounds, (weird series of sounds, repeating certain ones, changing tone but saying the same words, stretching them out, spelling things out even, etc).

anyway, in years the baby will learn about language, but there's still a pretty good chance, even as an adult, that the grown-baby will never really understand language, and will stick to the simple words, and complain/mock people who use more potent words

yes

you are so wise

like Confucius but with Red Bull and ADD

if I hated Breakcore categorically you might've had a point

but I don't

so you don't

*makes wanking gesture*

I do get the impression that vsnares is going for an 'image' now... actually sort of more family-friendly or something? Like when's the last time his music really shocked you and not just lol dick cunt

that being said I still think there's some substance to his stuff. Although with bulldozer I thought he had lost 'it' I still think he could do something really different if he tried harder. re: lolrandom I don't mind it but I just dunno where he gets the energy to find/make all these little samples/easter eggs in his tracks. Lol here's every sound ever recorded in one track

oh I do still really like She Runs off bulldozer. That's the totally out there stuff I remember him doing before

I do get the impression that vsnares is going for an 'image' now... actually sort of more family-friendly or something? Like when's the last time his music really shocked you and not just lol dick cunt

that being said I still think there's some substance to his stuff. Although with bulldozer I thought he had lost 'it' I still think he could do something really different if he tried harder.

I don't think Aaron makes music for anyone but himself, and we only get to hear it because Mike P has managed to crack the Funk vault open. If anything, you're likely dissing Mike P's choice of tracks than Aaron's efforts in making them...

sounds extremely chrome cilinder box unfolding at first listen

together with winter in the belly and chocolate wheelchair my favorite works of him

but i dunno about this track, those albums were nothing i heard before and this doesn't tickle my ball like it used 2, love it when those vocals come in tough

will get the album probably cause bulldozer was a goddamn cool album

Archived