IGNORED

Venetian Snares - Your Face

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A sub forum would be terrible. Hundreds of threads filled with people talking about how much they don't like Venetian Snares

Also fletcher that avatar = 10/10

Unless my memory is rubbish bums - Mr.Rex was explicitly told by the man that we couldn't have a Snares sub-forum hence why no subforum.

Good to know that Aaron is actually the one running the site lol

Seems like the piece I was looking for (from those facebook videos he posted a while back) isn't on this ep. Maybe it'll be on whatever comes next. I hope so.

Are you referring to some of the modular jams?

For whatever reason I really thought there was an album on the way.

the only track i listened to is the soundcloud one which basically sounded like a cross between songs about my cats and hccbu and then he did that really juvenile "singing" bullshit at the end. shouldn't be too hard to edit out

A sub forum would be terrible. Hundreds of threads filled with people talking about how much they don't like Venetian Snares

Also fletcher that avatar = 10/10

lol thanks, even had a PM about it this morning.

I do enjoy subtle changes to avatars until someone notices!

lol, that is scarily accurate...

Unless my memory is rubbish bums - Mr.Rex was explicitly told by the man that we couldn't have a Snares sub-forum hence why no subforum.

Well, good to know there's still decency to respect the artists wishes. I'm pretty sure Joyrex tried to ask him a second time a few years later and as far as I know Aaron didn't reply or declined again.

lol, that is scarily accurate...

Well, good to know there's still decency to respect the artists wishes. I'm pretty sure Joyrex tried to ask him a second time a few years later and as far as I know Aaron didn't reply or declined again.

I don't see it that way at all.

This is a music discussion forum, and a large quantity of its customers (yes customers, everyone pays now) want a subforum. Not having a subforum accomplishes what, exactly? We still make threads about his albums, songs, etc, and discuss it via chatmm. All it does (not having a subforum) is make it inconvenient to find threads and information on his varied and quite extensive output.

Edit: anyways this conversation has already happened on watmm probably a dozen times. Us fans won't get a subforum.

http://www.tinymixtapes.com/chocolate-grinder/listen-venetian-snares-your-face-when-i

This is a song to effectively remind you why Venetian Snare exists. It’s 100% tracker madness in a year that’s been dominated by grain randomizers and all manner of fuckboi algorithms mulching everything that’s ever been recorded in a desperate bid for originality.

lol

oh you made that? it appeared in a Quietus article first right? was it made for that article or just got dug up?

I made it on a Venetian Snares fanforum back in 2006 or so, for a photoshop thread. It was a forum Aaron frequented as well. I remember it popping up in certain places here and there, like on his myspace page. I linked it on watmm once or twice too. And after so many years *poof* I see it appear on my facebook feed. And now it just happened again. Glad my silly image is getting some mileage, lol. Feels weird tho.

Archived