IGNORED

Venetian Snares - Your Face

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.factmag.com/2015/07/13/singles-club-venetian-snares/6/

The sound of every 35-year-old bearded dude in a pit-stained Technics t-shirt cumming in unison and posting about “real electronic music” on Facebook.

lol

flol

It reminds me of the kid at school who could play the Eastenders theme in armpit farts: so virtuosic, so futile.

I'm starting to think the divisive reviews of this EP are going to be the best part about it.

that track is beautiful, I will be listening to this album a lot I feel, really nice to hear this sound from aaron again.

edit:

yeah so, I guess this is the end of my interest in V-Snares

("the end of an error"...?)

there is enough 'lol rando' breakcore in the world

(and Aaron Funk made most of it)

"hey guys, here's yet more ADD-core from V-Snares..."

I swear to god i'm gonna kidnap a fucking groundhog and drive off a cliff

tumblr_ndy1560HXA1t16xnbo1_1280.jpg

some of his albums have identifiable character

Chocolate Wheelchair Album, for instance

you can hear 3 seconds of that and know what album it is

or Cubist Reggae

but most of AF's shit is just indistinguishable

like, would anyone be surprised if he didn't actually make breakcore from scratch?

but rather he just shifted the same 8 bars of it around over and over for 20 fucking albums?

yes

you are so wise

like Confucius but with Red Bull and ADD

if I hated Breakcore categorically you might've had a point

but I don't

so you don't

*makes wanking gesture*

weren't you fucking leaving?

imho, tbh

lol, again this old aaronjesus 'shop I made has ended up on a snares review/article

i'll never get used to it

WHERE ARE YOUR ROYALTIES GODDAMNIT YOU SHOULD BE GETTING PAID!

:emotawesomepm9:

wow, one of the reviewers complained that it's too hard to grade it, after stating that there would be no activity they could imagine that one could pursue whilst listening to it. Well how about the activity of listening to music, you philistine. Refer to my post the other day about most people not actually liking music for itself alone. The reviewer above him seems completely unable to get it at all that music can change moods and ideas as it goes along. I wonder if he's ever listened to classical music? It's not plasma physics, it's just some beats on a grid dude, your brain should be able to keep up. And the next reviewer up the page just went straight for the "i'm young so i'm cooler than this old people stuff, go away old people, you're gross", which has what to say about the track, and given the cyclical nature of music this stuff will be in again soon enough and a younger reviewer in their office will be awestruck over fast technical beats, cause they're fashionable at that time, and shall socially eviscerate these guys and their by then fuddy duddy ways, goes around comes around. As for the anxiety attack moanzor, harden up mumpty, if you take anymore medication you're sure to go on a killing spree.

Also, the full length first track didn't intrest me that much, i do agree with mcb that you can hear a progression in this aspect of his music with this piece though. It's not technically just the old template thrown together again. And also lol at mikeP being to blame for the track selection, its being released timesiG though isn't it, so snares would choosey choose.

/listening to the samples

red orange seems like something i can get my jollies to right out of the box.

Guest bitroast

wow, one of the reviewers complained that it's too hard to grade it, after stating that there would be no activity they could imagine that one could pursue whilst listening to it. Well how about the activity of listening to music, you philistine. Refer to my post the other day about most people not actually liking music for itself alone. The reviewer above him seems completely unable to get it at all that music can change moods and ideas as it goes along. I wonder if he's ever listened to classical music? It's not plasma physics, it's just some beats on a grid dude, your brain should be able to keep up. And the next reviewer up the page just went straight for the "i'm young so i'm cooler than this old people stuff, go away old people, you're gross", which has what to say about the track, and given the cyclical nature of music this stuff will be in again soon enough and a younger reviewer in their office will be awestruck over fast technical beats, cause they're fashionable at that time, and shall socially eviscerate these guys and their by then fuddy duddy ways, goes around comes around. As for the anxiety attack moanzor, harden up mumpty, if you take anymore medication you're sure to go on a killing spree.

Also, the full length first track didn't intrest me that much, i do agree with mcb that you can hear a progression in this aspect of his music with this piece though. It's not technically just the old template thrown together again. And also lol at mikeP being to blame for the track selection, its being released timesiG though isn't it, so snares would choosey choose.

/listening to the samples

red orange seems like something i can get my jollies to right out of the box.

Hehehe .. Pretty funny coming from a music review/news website pretending to have an interest or even foothold in current electronic music ...

its being released timesiG though isn't it, so snares would choosey choose.

nah it's on on ZIQ

So timesig is no more ?

only 3 releases

http://www.discogs.com/label/206623-Timesig

Still not clear what TIMESIG003 is/was going to be... Aaron posted on Facebook a while back that it "wasn't ready yet" but this was about 2/3 years ago.

waiting on the fantano review.......

It's electronic music so he won't like it, but he won't really get it either, so a 5/10 or something.

Guest bitroast

Im sure him attempting to articulate the impending low score will sound critical and above the music asif he were able to produce something better himself. Music is lacking this, lacking that, aaoron funk aka venetian snares *cue beatrepeat effect on voice** was attempting to .. Etc. Etc.

• 2 weeks later...

released today

also new interview, in dutch

https://www.helloplay.be/nl/articledetail/venetian-snares-interview

Doesn't say anything new, only noteworthy thing is when he says "I still have a lot of unreleased music sitting on my shelf. You can expect more of that in the future". Sounds like he might have had a change of heart from when he said he didn't feel like releasing music anymore.

that track is beautiful, I will be listening to this album a lot I feel, really nice to hear this sound from aaron again.

edit:

yeah so, I guess this is the end of my interest in V-Snares

("the end of an error"...?)

there is enough 'lol rando' breakcore in the world

(and Aaron Funk made most of it)

"hey guys, here's yet more ADD-core from V-Snares..."

I swear to god i'm gonna kidnap a fucking groundhog and drive off a cliff

tumblr_ndy1560HXA1t16xnbo1_1280.jpg

some of his albums have identifiable character

Chocolate Wheelchair Album, for instance

you can hear 3 seconds of that and know what album it is

or Cubist Reggae

but most of AF's shit is just indistinguishable

like, would anyone be surprised if he didn't actually make breakcore from scratch?

but rather he just shifted the same 8 bars of it around over and over for 20 fucking albums?

yes

you are so wise

like Confucius but with Red Bull and ADD

if I hated Breakcore categorically you might've had a point

but I don't

so you don't

*makes wanking gesture*

weren't you fucking leaving?

imho, tbh

i was a bit harsh

i still love a-lot of VS' stuff

e.g. Cubist Reggae, Detrimentalist, Cavalcade of Glee, My So-Called Life, etc

the truth is I think AF is crazy talented and I was just expecting some sort of conceptual, non-breakcore masterwork

so I winged as hard as I could

Really nice little release. Some lovely melodies on this as well (for the haters who say he cant do melody)

I love the glass version at the end but seem to find my self singing "I ripped off your head & shit down your throat cause your a cunt" along to it! :)

Archived