IGNORED

WTF are these Unofficial Aphex Twin Cassette Tapes ????

J3FF3R00

Yeah, already mailed them to call them out, but what can you do? I always see Joyrex's CWLP CD's on eBay for $60,- or more while they are still in stock over here for the normal price...

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Amoeba in Hollywood is still stocking those cassettes. Bootleg as fuck. I'm wondering why they don't seem to care. I'm almost wondering if it's an Amoeba employee that's responsible. They seem to always re-stock them, so there must be a fair quantity of them at the store. The weird thing is, they all have the yellow "used" price tags, although they are clearly new and (cheaply) mass-produced.

LOL u should just make a tape of Nine Inch Nails or Deadmau5 and attempt to sell it and see what happens. If they call you out on it then ask why they sell fake afx. Or "I saw the fake afx shit u guys r peddling and I figured that was your style"

only ask/mention then tho! also only use very successful artists if u gonna get in this weird new game. haha seems like an opportunity to make some buckeroos. Im sure trent wouldn't mind.

Amoeba in Hollywood is still stocking those cassettes. Bootleg as fuck. I'm wondering why they don't seem to care. I'm almost wondering if it's an Amoeba employee that's responsible. They seem to always re-stock them, so there must be a fair quantity of them at the store. The weird thing is, they all have the yellow "used" price tags, although they are clearly new and (cheaply) mass-produced.

Maybe someone needs to report amoeba to a relevant authority!

heh

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Was just at amoeba in Hollywood and they had a new one of these tapes with the Aphex symbol comprised of random numbers. It was called "Coachelorde Spoon Feed". I asked the guy at the counter what they were and he said "they're not legit, you can't google them or find them on discogs, I wish we'd stop selling this shit." They were $4 and there were a bunch of them. I passed on picking one up though.

im dying to come across these so i can ask the guy at the counter if I can sell some homemade Marilyn Manson tapes and then ask why when he says no.

EDIT: oh shit just realized this is kinda what i was saying 4 posts up in September lol

the most annoying thing is ebay make a good bit from bootleg shit, i reported the caustic window vinyl just to see and none of them are ever taken off, ive seen abb5 cd-r's and all sorts of shit

Archived