IGNORED

Social Media's Effects On Our Minds & Lives

autopilot

On 10/11/2021 at 12:17 PM, cichlisuite said:

What I really disliked about whatsapp was that anyone in my contacts suddenly felt the liberty to message me anytime about anything. It wouldn't be that bad if it wasn't for some of the clients. Next thing I know I'm getting flooded with related and unrelated messages and links they wanted to share. ffs, I had to find a polite way to tell them that this is my private "channel" that I didn't intend to use it for business. I installed it for ONE friend from US to keep in touch. I felt like one of the clients was a bit surprised about it, so I just deleted the damn app from my phone.

https://faq.whatsapp.com/android/security-and-privacy/how-to-block-and-unblock-a-contact/

??‍♂️⁉️

As rioters breached barricades and bludgeoned police with flagpoles before storming the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6, some employees at Facebook took to an internal discussion board to express shock and outrage.

Many of the posts were imbued with a dawning sense that they and their employer—whose platforms for weeks had spread content questioning the legitimacy of the election—bore part of the blame. 

“I’m struggling to match my value to my employment here,” said an employee as the violence of the afternoon continues. “I came here hoping to affect change and improve society, but all I’ve seen is atrophy and abdication of responsibility.”

In internal messages, Facebook staff faulted company over Jan. 6 insurrection (Fortune)

• Like 1

they're bringing "The" back. The Facebook. the rebranding will be a return to roots where the platform's focus will shift back to mostly rating women.

• Like 1

I signed up to Facebook when there were basically students like me. I was surprised about them to let those uneducated / heavy metal listening plebs in. That's where the decline must have started. Seriously!

Edited by WurstPLUS
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, WurstPLUS said:

I signed up to Facebook when there were basically students like me. I was surprised about them to let those uneducated / heavy metal listening plebs in. That's where the decline must have started. Seriously!

My girlfriend circa 2004 was in university, and yeah they all thought they were cooler than us. “We have Facebook!” lol

On 10/20/2021 at 8:04 PM, chenGOD said:

Oh I use it on the computer lol. Not on my phone though. 

Also, that only blocks in browser, not in the app, which is where I use Facebook on the phone. 

If you have an Android phone (might be an equivalent on the iPhone - though probably not without a good ol jailbreak!) I highly recommend grabbing F-Droid ( https://www.f-droid.org/ ) and then downloading DNS66, then switching on StevenBlack's hosts file filter. Blocks add nasties at a system level, even without root!

1 hour ago, mcbpete said:

If you have an Android phone (might be an equivalent on the iPhone - though probably not without a good ol jailbreak!) I highly recommend grabbing F-Droid ( https://www.f-droid.org/ ) and then downloading DNS66, then switching on StevenBlack's hosts file filter. Blocks add nasties at a system level, even without root!

iphone and don't feel like i should have to go to that level of use to avoid ads. Which is why I don't use facebook for much at all and tracking is blocked across apps.

• Like 1

fakebook censors free speed and in particular any criticism of the prick (ie legit adverse effects) so get the fuck off that shitty platform if you know what’s good for you mates.

In fact boycott all social media that keeps the truth in the dark.

This age of deception and the false self must end.

Love yourself for who you are, not an artificial construct.

Btw FREE JULIAN ASSANGE 

A man locked up indefinitely simply for getting the truth out there!

• Like 1