IGNORED

Why do most electronic producers have macbook pros?

Polytrix

The installation download size is a bit of a giveaway too

Windows 64bit - 931.3Mb

MacOS 64bit - 919.3Mb

If the Mac version was indeed the Windows version with some sort of WINE libraries + features, I can't see the install base for the Mac version being smaller than the Windows one!

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The installation download size is a bit of a giveaway too

Windows 64bit - 931.3Mb

MacOS 64bit - 919.3Mb

If the Mac version was indeed the Windows version with some sort of WINE libraries + features, I can't see the install base for the Mac version being smaller than the Windows one!

Yeah I checked at home, I was completely full of shit. I do remember reading about it somewhere, I guess it was the same Ableton forum post.. At some level using WINE (or parts of it) makes sense to me when developing stuff for Windows, Mac and Linux, but I guess it's not the case here.

• 6 months later...

If what I'm using (hardware or software) doesn't have a great visual aesthetic it becomes such an issue that I'm more concerned with fucking about with configs rather than actually getting anything done. Apple's always had the uniformity in hardware and software design due to the luxury of it being a closed system. When it comes to music, I need something that feels right and just werks. Also OS X touchpad gestures 

I thought Ableton etc looked the same in Windows and iOS. Do you fuck about in the desktop much?

Archived