IGNORED

Windows 10 (out now)

Rubin Farr

The anniversary update should have been installed ages ago, there have been about two updates since then that required a restart. The last one didn't change much, just some bug fixes probably.

I've also got the beta builds on some of my other machines, no noticeable changes there yet either, all stuff that's going on under the hood so far - their continuing work on unifying the codebases of all the different versions of windows mostly (I expect Continuum for windows phones to have a lot more of the desktop features than the current version has, e.g. overlapping windows, explorer; not sure if the XBox has fully switched over to windows 10 yet either).

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone else had the big update? Installed on my PC this morning, took a good hour or so to go on.

Doesn't seem to have done much, other than a few minor UI changes. It re-pinned Microsoft Edge and Windows Store shortcuts to the taskbar, the cheeky bastards lel

There are quite a few changes, actually Granted some of them might not matter to you unless you have a Surface (Windows Ink Workspace, for example)

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

open source app to disable Windows Spying

This disables EVERYTHING, including Windows updates. If you want to keep windows update functionality after applying this, go into the Utilities tab and click on 'Enable Windows Update' (the app gives only a little feedback that it's worked - the button changes colour once action is completed).

This disables EVERYTHING, including Windows updates. If you want to keep windows update functionality after applying this, go into the Utilities tab and click on 'Enable Windows Update' (the app gives only a little feedback that it's worked - the button changes colour once action is completed).

Fucking nice. I've been considering Windows at some point in the future, good that there's some sort of workaround for the ridiculous shit they baked into it.

Fucking nice. I've been considering Windows at some point in the future, good that there's some sort of workaround for the ridiculous shit they baked into it.

It's pretty comprehensive - adds entries to the hosts file, and also applies firewall rules. You can even get rid of some of the 'metro' apps that come installed (good if you happen to have a VM dedicated to 'testing' applications in)

Bet there's some poor sods who've blindly ticked everything then wonder why their XBox app suddenly doesn't work !

It's kinda idiot proofed - only deletes those apps if you check this box

sO6kV5q.png

there's lots of win32 apps you don't need either, do you uninstall them?

You're like one of those annoying as fuck Linux zealots. Let people do what they want to do with their own computers. Fucking hell.

• 4 weeks later...

i'm done with this shit, random gpu driver related errors and internet speed cut to half since that stupid artfags update, plus the fucking update related restarts when i don't ask for them (i keep my pc on all the time) made me rethink having windows 10, it literally offers nothing useful for my usage compared to win7 and only produces needless hassle (i never managed to fix that sound hiccup bug) and tablet crap shoved in in a form of settings and apps. went back to 7 today and everything is just dandy.

f u oscillik.

I bought a new laptop and it has it. Feels like working on a phone at first, but when you get past the 'apps' stuff and modify everything to your needs it's just same ol' Windows. Which I like.

Weird, no idea what that's about - Got the creators update a couple of weeks ago and not noticed *any* shenanigans (I seldom use bluetooth - only on the rare times to use my ps4 control pad on my PC, so it could well be that's currently fucked up!)

EDIT: Nope, played DarkSouls 2 a few days later - bluetooth seems fine.

• 1 month later...

ever since installing a windows 10 update earlier today my sound has been fuxxored

when my ext audio interface is not plugged in there a crazy feedback loop thing going on, it's very loud!

when the audio interface is plugged in i get an echo whenever sound is made around the laptop

obviously something to do with a line in option

i need help pleas!

Archived