IGNORED

Coppice Halifax - Deep Earth (Subscription Series)

0004732090_21.jpg

http://malfokusita.bandcamp.com

DEEP EARTH is a new monthly series by COPPICE HALIFAX, serving as a record of my explorations with live electronic music produced on retrograde hardware and special analog equipment. No computers, no boundaries - freedom with and without. For the very first time, I'm offering the option of a subscription service for the entirety of DEEP EARTH, however long and tangential it may become.

Subscribers will receive:
1. Digital downloads of every DEEP EARTH release from May 2014-May 2015. No matter when you subscribe, the entire catalog up to the present moment will be available to you.
2. A 15% discount on all physical items from the DEEP EARTH catalog. Unlike prior series at Milieu Music, DEEP EARTH will not necessarily be confined to a single format. Standard 5" CD-R, 3" CD-R, "business card" CD-R and cassette are all possible terrain for DEEP EARTH music to exist on. Like a scouting report from an expedition of explorers, the DEEP EARTH releases may vary in length from month to month on their physical counterparts, although the digital releases will all remain uniform in length (plus or minus 20 minutes).
3. Immediate download of a selection of COPPICE HALIFAX releases that serve as a precursor to the DEEP EARTH concept and sound palette. (1983 / Bedroom Carpet / Cedar Mast Reduced / Inland By Night)
4. Exclusive access to downloadable outtakes from the recording sessions, as well as bonus remixes/versions made by myself or by other like-minded musicians (surprises are always fun!).
5. A special CD-R release called ANTAŬPAROLO, which canonically appears prior to the DEEP EARTH catalog and sets the atmosphere for what is to follow. ANTAŬPAROLO will not be available outside of the subscription for it's duration, digitally or otherwise, and your CD-R will be mailed to you within 2 weeks of joining the subscription (US customers pay no shipping, UK/ROW pay a small shipping fee that is bundled with your subscription fee at the time of purchase).

(Hit the link above for an 11-minute video of me explaining the series in a bit more depth)

:wang:

Super psyched about this. Gathering up the gumption to subscribe someday soon. Might treat myself to this after what is looking like a pretty tough end-of-the-week this week.

Best wishes Mr U

I didn't find a link to the 11 minute video you referred to.

The only link in my post!

:wang:

Super psyched about this. Gathering up the gumption to subscribe someday soon. Might treat myself to this after what is looking like a pretty tough end-of-the-week this week.

Best wishes Mr U

Thanks a lot! If you do end up subscribing, I can promise that it will be unlike anything I've done before, both musically and aesthetically. I've spent a lot of time and effort fine-tuning all the details of this thing, and it will be really interesting to look back on, a year from now. I'm so excited!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

The latest pile of stuff of this is the best yet. Lovin it!

Thanks very much! Deep Earth is only going to get deeper!

It really feels like I'm barely getting started, in terms of the range of sounds my current setup is capable of producing, and the pace the series is keeping. There's literally hours of material waiting to come out but I don't want to fry everyone's brain...

:emotawesomepm9:

It definitely all does sound "of a piece" in some way. Which I wasn't really expecting, and is great. Enjoying trying to imagine what the Deep Earth rig actually consists of.

Archived