IGNORED

Any good videos where you just watch artists produce? Thought it'd be a good way to learn. Please state genre and link!

o00o

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

He is using an Alesis HR 16B, which looks more like an fax machine to me. Brb need to find my jaw from the floor.

I saw this back when I had an HR-16.

He's using it as a controller only, with an external sound module for the sounds, but if anything that makes it even more impressive because without a doubt the biggest issue with the HR-16 machines is the pads, the sensible reasons to use an HR are for all of the things he isn't using (it's particular sounds, it's sequencer).  What he's doing would be impressive on any machine, but an HR-16 has hard plastic "pads" like the keys on a low-end late 90s laptop, getting that kind of expression from them is really impressive.

• 5 years later...
  • 2 months later...

never heard of this artist nor the channel host but this is a pretty good detailing of how to make a good variety out of a few pieces of kit. in hearing how straightforward the guy's doing things (really just using 1 kit on the Rytm for a whole set) is pretty cool in emphasizing simplicity & good planning. could easily see taking that and pushing it for less straightforward techno of course.

• 1 month later...