IGNORED

Mantis

QQQ

Can someone also tell me why soundcloud won't embed if I just paste the link and will work if I put the bbcode in, but it'll still show the bbcode tags? What's going on here?

There's a light switch top left to toggle bbcode editing or something. Not sure if that's it tho.

Quite a fun track, I liked how it started and the way you combine short and long attack times later on is pretty neat. The snare drum sound doesn't really fit in mix-wise, somehow.

There's a light switch top left to toggle bbcode editing or something. Not sure if that's it tho.

Quite a fun track, I liked how it started and the way you combine short and long attack times later on is pretty neat. The snare drum sound doesn't really fit in mix-wise, somehow.

I can't find that (I use mobile view). I flicked it back over to the full view but I couldn't find the light switch. I've posted a soundcloud link before and the link itself was enough, it converted itself. Strange.

I agree the mix is all out of whack, I'll have to look at that when/if I redo the track in the future (which is the idea).

Hmm, the snare could fit since it seems like you're going for something slightly uncomfortable. imo.

The track doesn't really start for me until 1:43, and that little quirky synth sound that comes in is pretty interesting. If I were you, and I'm not, I'd shorten the intro, have that come in notably earlier, and create some variation off of that. I think you could have something quite interesting.

The increase amp feedback is a good idea too, though I'd have more spots where it's noticeable, than just toward the end where it gets fairly loud.

I wouldn't have the track to naked at any point, since the drums, when they're not supporting the synth, such at 2:46, sound too basic methinks.

oh yeah, sometimes it's neat to write out some of the song, say lay out a few minutes, then re-mix it. It's good to be willing to switch stuff out if it makes it sound better.

oh yeah, sometimes it's neat to write out some of the song, say lay out a few minutes, then re-mix it. It's good to be willing to switch stuff out if it makes it sound better.

I'm new to the whole music making thing so by the time I make the next track I'll have learned more that could improve on the previous (or at least, I hope so - this is the first track I've done to any degree of completion) so I'm hoping to return to this and rework it when I get better. Thanks for your comments.

Archived