IGNORED

E3 2015: The Thread

Joyrex

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Nintendo were to showcase their next Metroid game, they might actually grab my attention. I don't believe they've done anything with the franchise since Other M five years ago tho, which I've actually played a couple hours of.

Still have fond memories of the original Super Smash Bros on N64. Used to be nearly unstoppable with Pikachu.

EDIT: Nooo not new page again. Why meeeeee

They've gone on record to say a new Metroid game would take at least 3 years, so not likely on Wii U (which unless the NX has a controller with a second screen in it, is a shame because the second screen would be damn handy for maps, item inventory, etc.).

Here's the reason they didn't show Devil's Third, it's a 10 year old copy of Gears of War.

I totally forgot about this game... looks VERY dated.

Here's the reason they didn't show Devil's Third, it's a 10 year old copy of Gears of War.

I totally forgot about this game... looks VERY dated.

I totally get this sentiment (since this originated as as ps3/xbox 360 title and has gone through like 2 or 3 engine changes) but it still makes absolutely no sense for Nintendo not to advertise this game considering they bought out the publishing rights for it. It's like the exact opposite situation with Bayonetta 2. They put down the money to fund the development of this game and (regardless of quality) to not advertise it is literally throwing their money away. And it's like Nintendo is incredulous of the fact that they are losing money on their games not selling. Games sell when you advertise them to people and E3 is absolutely the place to advertise this sort of game. Especially when you consider that this is a shooter/melee game made by the the creator of the Ninja Gaiden/Dead or Alive series. Like there is a rabid fanbase of devoted Team Ninja fans who have been eagerly awaiting this game since 2010 (regardless of graphical quality issues).

Eh whatever I'm still super excited for No Man's Sky though. Game looks like it's gonna be so much fun.

The fact that children are the primary target audience for Nintendo seems to be lost on our members.

Makes me realize that there's a niche in gaming just waiting to be tapped: a console that targets the elderly.

Maybe something like "Geriatricstation" or "Gran Box"; complete with DLC oxygen tank upgrades and tennis balls on the bottom to support smooth dragging. Any war games will just be meant as nostalgia games, and action games might revolve around telling virtual children about the roaring 20's via microphone or speedily applying ointment. Auto power off feature for unplanned nap time, walker motion controller, and built-in pill box. Revolutionary vacuum tube based system, with full black and white "blur-o-vision" output. Retail price of $7,000, which can be paid for with medical insurance or government checks.

So how much of a Peace 7 post do you guys usually read? I usually make it about 1-2 sentences in before my brain shuts off.

It usually takes one sentence to define a subject for subsequent deconstruction, then it quickly escalates into whatever. Don't wrong me get, it's still full of humour and joy, just not so subtle as we prefer in our Asswholeland. I believe he should mix it up more often to prevent predictability.

So how much of a Peace 7 post do you guys usually read? I usually make it about 1-2 sentences in before my brain shuts off.

Well then i've got a movie to recommend to you. I do tend to skim though.

Flol at the YouTube thumbnails on this page #gamergate

Uhmmm... this is the hololens FOV

Screen_Shot_2015-06-16_at_10.37.33_AM.0.

You'd need something like Oculus or morpheus for that shit to go down.

Hmmmmm... well... I'm already sick and tired of VR, so I just want something awesomer.

Yes, I am very surprised it is very limited like that, and from what I have heard, the parts where it cuts off are very jarring and takes you out of the experience.

Honestly, I think VR will be a fad like it's always been and never really take off until they can do headset-free VR/AR environments via some sort of projector. I don't think VR/AR will work until there is 100% immersion and you're not staring at a screen of any sort.

lol. When I hear about VR it starts reminding me of the Virtual Boy.

But maybe one day we'll have VR devices that touch on other senses as well, like artificial climate and odor, synchronized into the game's programming. Seems like a far-fetched idea now, but ya never know.

Yes, I am very surprised it is very limited like that, and from what I have heard, the parts where it cuts off are very jarring and takes you out of the experience.

Honestly, I think VR will be a fad like it's always been and never really take off until they can do headset-free VR/AR environments via some sort of projector. I don't think VR/AR will work until there is 100% immersion and you're not staring at a screen of any sort.

What I don't understand is how the camera equipped with the Hololens viewer is able to show as much as it does at the same time when the actual Hololens can't?

They zoom the camera lens to only cover the field of view I guess.

Archived