IGNORED

E3 2015: The Thread

Joyrex

I think EA has outdone themselves in terms of holding a snoozefest of a press conference, I didn't think that was possible.

No gameplay of new ME.

SW: Battelfront looks really fucking good though, Battefield with a Star Wars skin, I don't mind that - like me some Battlefield. The vehicular combat in particular looks incredible.

Not even that big a fan of SW, but holy fuck...

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the fallout fanboys are so fucking annoying. the dog brings a wrench - massive applauds. a smartphone app that works with a game - standing ovation.

I see you're new to E3

The crowd reactions with these things are always ridiculous (anyone remember the Halo 2 showcase when Master Chief grabbed a machine gun turret??), but the dog thing was pretty cool because it has a strong tactical potential, perhaps a hint to more emphasis on options for stealthy gameplay. It's near sacrilege that they're not calling him Dogmeat though!

The app thing is a dumb gimmick but everybody who's ever been near the franchise secretly wants a working Pip-Boy. I fucking hate to admit it but that dumb piece of plastic looked pretty fun.

So many awesome games on the horizon... Arkham Knight (SO CLOSE!!!) Fallout 4, Doom, Dark Souls 3, Deus Ex, Mass Effect ... the next year is gonna have some great gaming.

I'm disappointed that I won't be able to play Dark Souls III, as that's the only video game I care about at the moment, but I guess I can do without it. I still have an NES with Duck Hunt / Super Mario Bros., and that just doesn't get old.

Guest bitroast

ahaha. i'm actually HAPPY they've confirmed that.

there was worry the dark souls series would be milked dry. forcing them to do things differently with each game (ie. the jump from demons souls to dark souls.. the jump from dark souls to bloodborne) forces them to keep things fresh. bloodborne still felt like a souls game while having a refinement and breath of fresh air that the souls games were kind of needing. having said that.. it'll still be totally nice seeing the dark souls world realised with bloodborne engine, refinements.

it's essentially the best news i could want from dark souls 3 reveal. :):):):):):)

the fallout fanboys are so fucking annoying. the dog brings a wrench - massive applauds. a smartphone app that works with a game - standing ovation.

Fallout never intrigued me. To me it's just a very annoying version of TES, and this upcoming one looks like it has the exact same premise as the previous two. I definitely won't be rushing to play it anytime.

Sure, and MGS 3 was the last in the series...Money dictates whether there will be further sequels, not us mere mortals.

Hoping for PC Bloodbourne somewhere. Pls? Might even pre-order it if it does.

edit: I'd like a Dark Souls but set in the future, with lazer swords and stuff. Not a fan of medieval times.

Guest bitroast

As if the end of the Dark Souls franchise doesn't equal a new clone in a different universe.

given that dark souls is just franchise that namco own, and from software are entirely competent at producing souls games without namco (ie. demons souls, bloodborne), end of Dark Souls series doesn't really mean anything for souls fans i dont think :)

so i finally saw a high quality video of 'Doom' a few thoughts

-why do they use so many overlay indicator lighting effects? When the enemy is running low on the lifebar they highlight around the enemy with glowing blue and pink light? wtf? totally ruins the scary claustrophobic atmosphere
- the closeup death moves look super silly in the style of the new Mortal Kombat games. What i have a hard time understanding is how is that any different than a Sega CD game playing a dumb cinema for a second taking you in and out of the gameplay? Every time one of those closeup death moves happen it looks like the exact same series of keyframe animation movements, couldn't add some randomness to that shit? It looks really dumb and just because it's 'in game' doesn't make it any less like a full motion video cinma just interrupting the game to me
- the level design from what i've seen looks way more like Quake 2 and Quake 3 rather than any of the interesting puzzle/conceptual level design from Doom 2 (which imo is the pinnacle of Doom). 'Tricks and traps' from Doom 2 pretty much quintessentially defines what's best about Doom for me, and these levels (even the ones of hell) look dumb and boring like a Halo death match level.
- Gameplay/physics wise it looks like a nice throwback to old raytraced quasi 3d first person shooters like Duke Nukem 3d and the original Doom but beyond that I'm not finding muchg about it that seems to actually understand or channel what made doom such a fun game to play originally.
- Is this ID software farming their title out to another team? Its hard for me to tell that a genius like John Carmack had anything to do with this

Doom looks fun but it looks entirely too dull from a color standpoint. I also don't like a lot of the weapon design.

Guest bitroast

playstation conference is live -

THE LAST GUARDIAN (watching at work and got shivers. almost cried.. lol)

yep^ these are the thoughts that are crossing my mind.

still though, the doom 4 still has my attention, enough. looks good imo :)

anyhow, WOW

https://youtu.be/xgakdcEzVwg?t=83

Wow, that's awesome... I'm not into Minecraft at all but the technology potential is way cool. Imagine playing an old school Zelda game with the world rendered in front of you, watching little Link move around in 3d

Archived