IGNORED

E3 2015: The Thread

Joyrex

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it's clunky. it's slow. the character design is awkward.

Cause you play for 20 levels on FF online and you look like an oversized oompa loompa

Like this http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/3318334930901457647/036A408D272CAE84FF203C9C99AE885200C4D483/

err I guess I was lvl 9 when I took that but the point still stands

I've never really understood what people find appealing about FF.

I liked the first one, back when it made sense. I don't really understand where the transition from a fantasy magic world to steampunk and cyberpunk anime hit happened.

What part of watching Japanese fashion disasters taking turns doing math during a 50 hour long awful anime story do you not find appealing?

Not everyone sees it that way, obviously.

I could say the same thing about shooters.

Point. Click.

whoopdefuckin' doo. How many point and click games with the same generic level designs and same shitty weapons can a person play? Battleshart 4 and Call of boring.

oh this one has a faster fps. oh I unlocked some camo.

exciting.

We'd better hear details about the Bloodborne expansion. And some more details for Dark Souls III would be nice...

But am I the only one underwhelmed by The Last Guardian? It looked pretty damned boring to me. Like Prince of Persia with a pseudo-Falcor for seemingly little reason...not to mention why the fuck didn't the boy and giantdogbird just fly to the next little place they were going instead of destroying everything along the way and 'almost dying' multiple times. And I'm saying this as someone who loved Shadow of the Colossus and generally enjoys interesting platformers.

Guest bitroast

We'd better hear details about the Bloodborne expansion. And some more details for Dark Souls III would be nice...

But am I the only one underwhelmed by The Last Guardian? It looked pretty damned boring to me. Like Prince of Persia with a pseudo-Falcor for seemingly little reason...not to mention why the fuck didn't the boy and giantdogbird just fly to the next little place they were going instead of destroying everything along the way and 'almost dying' multiple times. And I'm saying this as someone who loved Shadow of the Colossus and generally enjoys interesting platformers.

have you played ico?

the gameplay in last guardian looks pretty on par with game (only without the annoying ghosts fighting you all the time.. hopefully)

You've played SotC and you are questioning purpose and story?

What part of watching Japanese fashion disasters taking turns doing math during a 50 hour long awful anime story do you not find appealing?

Pretty much. I will say that the particle effects and animations in FF online are pretty great, but beyond that I've had a lot of trouble getting into the franchise and I've attempted to multiple times.

Pretty much. I will say that the particle effects and animations in FF online are pretty great, but beyond that I've had a lot of trouble getting into the franchise and I've attempted to multiple times.

They aren't for everyone. Do you enjoy other jrpgs?

I'll admit that I enjoyed the PS1 FF games as a teen before I became old enough to understand what a good story was. Once I'd played Morrowind, though, they didn't even seem like real games anymore.

yeah so... last guardian and the vii remake are the highpoints for me. might care about shenmue 3 if there was a conceivable way for me to play the first two. also street fighter v beta starts in july. i'll throw $5 at a preorder for it if it's confirmed to accommodate ps3 sticks

yeah so... last guardian and the vii remake are the highpoints for me. might care about shenmue 3 if there was a conceivable way for me to play the first two. also street fighter v beta starts in july. i'll throw $5 at a preorder for it if it's confirmed to accommodate ps3 sticks

emulator dude

They aren't for everyone. Do you enjoy other jrpgs?

a couple. not into them really. The closest games to jrpg's that I like are mass effect and Star Wars: Kotor.

So far Doom/Doom 4/Doom Beta/WTF is the official name anyway looks like the most fun. So far this looks to be the best E3 we've had in a while. Looks like there's something for everybody.

EDIT: Damn it, I started two consecutive sentences with "so far".

THE LAST GUARDIAN (watching at work and got shivers. almost cried.. lol)

refreshing to see a nice looking game that isn't

a) an empire-baby military simulator FPS

b) a non sensical bad american style mashup of cyber-scifi and fantasy aesthetics (guys with LED screens on their armor and giant swords that shoot lasers type of horseshit)

c) a bad 'moody' game that doesn't look scary or dark but just looks cheesy as fuck like Arkham Asylum

I have to admit the Fallout universe and the aesthetics i've seen of it look kinda interesting until you start shooting things

Variety and good art direction/concept development is lacking from video games unfortunately. There needs to be a generation of art school graduates making games or some shit like that.

Sony's conference was pretty damn great I have to say, this how all conferences should be: just games, games and games and not too much corporative sales talk - and something for everybody, regardless of tastes. I mean I don't give a shit about FF, but obviously a lot people are into it, and people have been talking about this remake for years. The same about Shenmue.

There was a lot of already announced and third party games, but it confirmed that the PS4's upcoming library is quite impressive in case anybody forgot.

The Last Guardian looked beautiful, who cares about delayed development cycle, as long we're getting an amazing game in the end.

Looks pretty lame to me but I've never played Ico or SotC.

Looks pretty lame to me but I've never played Ico or SotC.

Not the only one, I was a bit underwhelmed as well... The interaction between the two seemed awkward, the fucking thing was right there, why is the kid cupping his mouth and shouting at it?

And some more details for Dark Souls III would be nice...

Miyazaki is going to be directing it, so hopefully not as "eh" as Dark Souls 2. It's also apparently going to be the last game in the series.

Guest bitroast

And some more details for Dark Souls III would be nice...

Miyazaki is going to be directing it, so hopefully not as "eh" as Dark Souls 2. It's also apparently going to be the last game in the series.

the game's obviously still in development too, showing off concept art and leaked screenshots but no gameplay footage.

probably the wiser choice, given what happened the last time they showed game footage while still early in development ...

I'm fully erect for Shenmue 3, goddamn. Playing the first one on my DC back when it came out is probably my favourite gaming experience.

Archived