IGNORED

E3 2015: The Thread

Joyrex

Yeah, I heard that Miyazaki is going to be at the helm. They're slowly releasing more info and screenshots/art and such it seems...should have some more info tonight as there's a private Q&A w/ From Software/Miyazaki going on right about now...

So apparently Dark Souls 3 *isn't* going to be the final in the series, but it's not really clear what Miyazaki means by that. Apparently they want to explore more sci-fi/ninja themes but I don't know if that just means doing more Armored Core / Tenchu games (Which would be rad).

http://www.videogamer.com/ps4/dark_souls_3/news/dark_souls_3_isnt_the_last_game_in_the_series_miyazaki_clarifies.html

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Souls games are probably going to turn in to the new Assassins Creed. 1 every year until the end of time. Plz don't milk it ffs.

The whole Dark Souls elitism thing is so pathetic.

The difference is that AC has a completely original and new setting for each game, Dark Souls maybe have a few different new enemy types.

The hate of AC annualization is kind of silly, it's one of the few games series where it's warranted, because they're very good of creating new and interesting setting for each game. Sure the games' quality hves been variable, but they've all been somewhat entertainment, with maybe Unity as the exception.

And you're not some awesome proper 'ardcore g4mer bro that everybody looks up to, just because you plays Dark Souls (sorry). Maybe an little exclusive circle of nerds will think so, but I'm really not sure that is something to brag about. Being a "hardcore gamer" is kind of embarrassing to be honest, nothing to be proud of. Such e-penis etc.

The difference is that AC has a completely original and new setting for each game, Dark Souls maybe have a few different new enemy types.

man why do these arguments always turn into exaggerations of each side's pros and cons

oh fuck yes. I think Cuphead is one of the few games showcased this year that really caught my attention. the art is a real breath of fresh air from the indie scene.

Yeah, I heard that Miyazaki is going to be at the helm. They're slowly releasing more info and screenshots/art and such it seems...should have some more info tonight as there's a private Q&A w/ From Software/Miyazaki going on right about now...

So apparently Dark Souls 3 *isn't* going to be the final in the series, but it's not really clear what Miyazaki means by that. Apparently they want to explore more sci-fi/ninja themes but I don't know if that just means doing more Armored Core / Tenchu games (Which would be rad).

http://www.videogamer.com/ps4/dark_souls_3/news/dark_souls_3_isnt_the_last_game_in_the_series_miyazaki_clarifies.html

man what i'd do for a new tenchu. a current gen armored core almost seems like a given. it's from's bread and butter for like the last 20 years

the difference between assassins creed and dark souls is that one is fucking amazing, and one is shit though.

I haven't played AC since Brotherhood (which was amazing imo). The games look really good and I'd like to play them but there are just way too many, it's just too much. I wouldn't know where to start or end so I just don't bother. Same thing with Battlefield, Call Of Duty etc. There's no point getting the game if the same thing with minor improvements is due to come out 10 months later. Especially if you don't like spending £50 on new AAA games when they are released. Once they drop to <£20 it's only a few months before the next one is on the shelves.

I completely understand why people don't want to buy AAA annualized games, I don't either, they do become extremely boring after a little while, especially when it's every year. So I'm not advocating that annualization is good thing at all.

My argument was that AC actually is one of the few series that have a good excuse to be annualized, since they're great world creators at Ubisoft, and they have a completely new setting for every game, you kind of have to give them credit for that regardless of what you think of the series. Gamers are sometimes acting extremely entitled and it's a bit tiring.

I don't think the gameplay in the AC, or the story for that matter, is very interesting. But I still like to experience and appreciate the settings they've created. I think it is awesome that there is this big blockbuster series, with insanely high production values, that puts so much effort into creating believable historical settings. And that's only possible because they've made a very profitable business out of it, and that's when annualization sometimes is necessary.

But in the ideal world I would like to see AC taking a bigger break between new installments, there are not enough gameplay improvements for each game, and Unity was the proof that they should spend more time on the games before releasing it - especially because that game was a step backwards in a lot of areas.

yay for PC, nay for Steam. Still, great news

totes wish it was coming out on games for windows live

yeah lol, since when steam become uncool? what's the dealio?

Well, the fact that you could not conceive a PC game not being released on Steam is kind of a problem in itself. They could release it via GoG, or independently. Games for Windows Live was discontinued more than a year ago iirc, it's still active but there's no marketplace

And there's nothing particularly wrong with Valve, it's just that I'm not comfortable with a single platform completely dominating 99% of the PC gaming landscape. Plus horrible costumer service, DRM and subscriber agreements that allows them to screw you with no consequence, etc.

eh? You can buy any game you'd get at steam just from a regular store on discs and all that.... You don't HAVE to use Steam... it's just there for convenience (edit: and also some smokin' deals sometimes. I got borderlands 2 with all the expansions for like $20).

I bought my last few computer games from EB games. What do you mean a single platform dominating 99% of the pc gaming landscape?

yay for PC, nay for Steam. Still, great news

totes wish it was coming out on games for windows live

yeah lol, since when steam become uncool? what's the dealio?

Well, the fact that you could not conceive a PC game not being released on Steam is kind of a problem in itself. They could release it via GoG, or independently. Games for Windows Live was discontinued more than a year ago iirc, it's still active but there's no marketplace

And there's nothing particularly wrong with Valve, it's just that I'm not comfortable with a single platform completely dominating 99% of the PC gaming landscape. Plus horrible costumer service, DRM and subscriber agreements that allows them to screw you with no consequence, etc.

gfwl was a joke ya goober

doesn't "coming to steam" simply mean it's coming to pc and will also be available on steam (with all the benefits that entails)? i mean are there any steam exclusive games that aren't available through other platforms (other than valve games)? most of my steam collection has been purchased through humble bundles which usually come with standalone drm free installs along with steam keys. i simply use steam for convenience.

This has been the best E3 in years. Very little corporate PR silly-talk and a huge number of new games. I can't even keep track of all that's been announced right now. It's WILD!

with the exception of nintendo, where it's hard to keep track of how little new games were announced :P

Maybe because im not that familiar or tapped into the E3/videogame scene but literally every single time i tuned into a live stream or watched an E3 presentation all i saw was cringe worthy PR sales people saying things that sounded straight out of an infomercial. So you're saying there was *less* of that this year as opposed to previous years?

This year was amazing, so many awesome looking titles I can't wait to play...Arkham Knight, Dark Souls 3, Fallout 4, Doom, Mass Effect: Andromeda, Horizon: Zero Dawn, Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, Ghost Recon: Wildlands... My wallet weeps for the future.

New Shovel Knight listed for release

what do you mean? like, a sequel to shovel knight? the plague knight expansion that's already scheduled? something else? !?

Kind of sad we didn't get some proper gameplay from the new Deus Ex. From what I've read though, it's pretty much Human Revolution with more option and better visuals. So that honestly sounds pretty perfect. Hope they'll make run and gun a more viable option this time around.

Archived