IGNORED

Cheetah EP

zlemflolia

It's funny the reaction to each release where people are expecting an album of face melters, tho when drukqs was released there was a lot of talk about it not being well considered/random. If Afx releases something as mental as Drukqs I’m sure there’s going to be a bunch of people who will then come out and say ‘what the fuk is this crazy shit, woah too far , he’s lost the plot!’ Classic ;)

Guest bitroast

yeh there are subtle changes on cheetah 7b. not sure what exactly but start of song for example has high hats right off the bat. its a tiny detail but they're there, they help establish a groove real quick and duck out before you can maybe even catch em. tiny detail but its a rad little difference... lel

more than syro or ods.. this ep is making me wanna dive back into analord.. analogue synth title aside.. this could totally be part of the analord series and itd barely stick out. groovier basslines i guess. but still. as an ep centered around a particular piece of kit, totally makes sense alongside analord 1 (with the synthy on the cover) .. analord 9 etc etc. cool stuffs :^>=

Edited by bitroast

yeh there are subtle changes on cheetah 7b. not sure what exactly but start of song for example has high hats right off the bat. its a tiny detail but they're there, they help establish a groove real quick and duck out before you can maybe even catch em. tiny detail but its a rad little difference...

Yup. I'm with you on that one.

I'm particularly impressed with the opener, CHEETAHT2 [Ld spectrum]. When I'm listening to the first 1:30 or so i can hear a lot of detail and deliberate positioning and movement of sounds. Those claps that come in around 42 even.

Even as i type this im up to the 3 minute mark and just realising new sounds and riffs are still being introduced.

I'm going full fanboy here.

has anyone else come across the alternate version of this on soulseek? anyone know if it's fake or not? it's got a 4:27 version of CHEETAHT2 [Ld spectrum] and an additional 30 second track at the end. a couple of the other tracks are different too, but some are the same

yeh there are subtle changes on cheetah 7b. not sure what exactly but start of song for example has high hats right off the bat. its a tiny detail but they're there, they help establish a groove real quick and duck out before you can maybe even catch em. tiny detail but its a rad little difference... lel

more than syro or ods.. this ep is making me wanna dive back into analord.. analogue synth title aside.. this could totally be part of the analord series and itd barely stick out. groovier basslines i guess. but still. as an ep centered around a particular piece of kit, totally makes sense alongside analord 1 (with the synthy on the cover) .. analord 9 etc etc. cool stuffs :^>=

Yeah agree feels a litte like a lost analord ep to me.. which is no bad thing! Really nice little e.p. think I will end up enjoying this more than ccAI 2 and ODS

just treid going thru the thread. can anyone link me to the fake cheetah track that was posted ;D

lol actuallly DLd the fake one off slsk (I cant believe i was tricked!)and wondered if it was the same track posted here earlier.

Edited by colunga

i feel so stupid. The fake EP had some synth lines and that felt corny i was thinking "okay maybe the cheetah is so hard to program that it has to sound like this".

has anyone else come across the alternate version of this on soulseek? anyone know if it's fake or not? it's got a 4:27 version of CHEETAHT2 [Ld spectrum] and an additional 30 second track at the end. a couple of the other tracks are different too, but some are the same

i actually tried to download it from it (oh shit im confessing a crime). it is all fake bullshit

I don't have any headphones at the moment, but I've been blasting both the CD and tape today on a decent sound system. I have to say, I much prefer the last 3 tracks to the first 2. But I love how beefy the whole album sounds on speakers.

You can't make a normal 909 do this kind of stuff, right? Those clap rushes on 2X202 are like 600 BPM.

maybe a 909 clone being triggered by cirklon dmux.

Can anyone identify the rattly percussion sound that starts going off at 2:00 and 3:05 in 2x202? Sounds very familiar but I can't place it. Some old bit of gear. I think I think I remember it from an old Emu sound library disc labeled Electro Percussion that had samples of the 808, Dr rhythm, juno drums, ppg, and some other stuff.

Simmons Clap Trap

ooh yeah, spot on!

This clap caught my attention too. I was thinking it sounds like Elektron Analog Rytm clap? With lfo filter sweep or something. Also some kinda rimshot flam/fill at 1;58 lurking low in the 2x202 mix?

Elektron AR Clap demo at 12:25.

https://youtu.be/bGn53AFXwZ0

All percussion throughout the release sounds like TR9090 (909 clone) - very nice Cirklon sequencing techniques used to make it more alien (extreme flam and so on).

Don't think it's RYTM as within the credits it is mentioned that the version of his studio used to create these pieces was pre-Syro, and RYTM is a much more recent bit of kit.

That makes sense. I remember the TR-9090 from the Syro gear list.

Nice, went to the Electric Fetus to pick up the vinyl, ended up leaving with the cassette! There was a second copy of it there too but I didnt wanna be that asshole that gets two just because I can.