IGNORED

Cheetah EP

zlemflolia

Pretty cool even though I know whatever I'd make with it would sound like absolute shit.

I'm assuming this means an EP or LP is imminent if they're trying to get more newsletter subscribers though.

3 minutes ago, DavieAddison said:

Pretty cool even though I know whatever I'd make with it would sound like absolute shit.

I'm assuming this means an EP or LP is imminent if they're trying to get more newsletter subscribers though.

Yes, let's hope for something new this fall !

• Like 1

22 hours ago, DavieAddison said:

i think they are just doing it because the ep is 4 years old now. i wouldnt get my hopes up if i were you

Edited by thumbass

Are e-mail addresses still worth anything? I can't remember the specifics but it seems like I've gotten full albums from certain artists before with just an address. Always felt like it was a data harvesting thing probably but who knows. Chucked mine in anyway because I'm a sucker and somebody really did win Aaron's 303 all those years ago

14 minutes ago, thumbass said:

i think they are just doing it because the ep is 4 years old now. i wouldnt get my hopes up if i were you

disagree.

it's a valuable item. warp wouldn't just give it away. they're trading it to drive more memberships to the aphex bleepstore, because they know at some point, there will be a very nice return on investment.

and that's another thing, they're not even trying to get people on a bleep or warp mailing list. it's specifically the aphex store. makes it seem obvious they're gearing up for something.

if this really was simply to commemorate the anniversary of an EP release, why 4 years and not 5? maybe 5 would be too late as they're probably planning to release whatever-it-is later this year?

sooo yeah i think there's a very high chance that something is imminent/relatively imminent. could be a new EP/LP, could be a back catalog dump (afx, rephlex, etc), could be a repress (doesn't drukqs turn 20 next year?)... maybe tour dates? i'm sure i read something a while back saying manchester would be his last show for a while, but i listened to an interview with weirdcore a couple months ago and he implied new tour visuals/a new tour concept was being worked on with richard, so i dunno what time-frame we're looking at for gigs.

• Like 4
  • Burger 1

1 hour ago, Kennylogg Bubblebath said:

disagree.

it's a valuable item. warp wouldn't just give it away. they're trading it to drive more memberships to the aphex bleepstore, because they know at some point, there will be a very nice return on investment.

and that's another thing, they're not even trying to get people on a bleep or warp mailing list. it's specifically the aphex store. makes it seem obvious they're gearing up for something.

if this really was simply to commemorate the anniversary of an EP release, why 4 years and not 5? maybe 5 would be too late as they're probably planning to release whatever-it-is later this year?

sooo yeah i think there's a very high chance that something is imminent/relatively imminent. could be a new EP/LP, could be a back catalog dump (afx, rephlex, etc), could be a repress (doesn't drukqs turn 20 next year?)... maybe tour dates? i'm sure i read something a while back saying manchester would be his last show for a while, but i listened to an interview with weirdcore a couple months ago and he implied new tour visuals/a new tour concept was being worked on with richard, so i dunno what time-frame we're looking at for gigs.

of course i want to hope that this ends up pointing towards a new project but im just not trying to get my hopes up too much to prevent dissapointment, 

Edited by thumbass

14 hours ago, DavieAddison said:

He hasn't got that many

Oh, really? I guess Richard telling me a few years ago he has far too many pieces of equipment and need to have an auction or something was just another one of his porky pies he's (in)famous for?

He was going to coordinate a "giveaway" here on WATMM at one point to get rid of excess stuff by having interested parties write why they wanted gear and give it to the most deserving. Unfortunately that didn't happen, and I think this Cheetah equipment giveaway is Richard doing it himself finally, which is great!

I would imagine someone with a love of gear like Richard (and the financial means) probably has a lot more than we would ever imagine...

12 hours ago, yekker said:

His mom would beg to differ...

Hide contents

"You've got so many machines Richard."

I think she too was giving him the hint to pare thing down...

2 hours ago, Joyrex said:

Oh, really? I guess Richard telling me a few years ago he has far too many pieces of equipment and need to have an auction or something was just another one of his porky pies he's (in)famous for?

He was going to coordinate a "giveaway" here on WATMM at one point to get rid of excess stuff by having interested parties write why they wanted gear and give it to the most deserving. Unfortunately that didn't happen, and I think this Cheetah equipment giveaway is Richard doing it himself finally, which is great!

I would imagine someone with a love of gear like Richard (and the financial means) probably has a lot more than we would ever imagine...

I think she too was giving him the hint to pare thing down...

No need to flex joyrex I was just making a cheeky lil reference to Come to Daddy (Mummy Mix)

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/20/2020 at 4:46 AM, d-a-m-o said:

Any news about this ?

guessing warp won't reveal the winner in fear of mass unsubscriptions.

we just have to hope the victor is on here/afx reddit/part of the online community in some capacity and comes forward, or it'll remain a mystery forever.

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...