IGNORED

Cheetah EP

zlemflolia

What are you all on about? "EP," "LP," "album," etc. are just holdover vinyl terminology. They were only useful because they let you know roughly how long the thing would run. These days they tell you literally nothing (except that they give corporate music and radio a great excuse to manufacture the illusion of product diversity and sometimes maybe sell you the same thing twice). If you know the Cheetah run-time, great, fuck the extra letters. This is idm, for wagonchrist's sake, these dudes practically invented adding meaningless numbers and letters to track titles for the lulz. Debating whether RDJ Album or Come to Daddy are EPs or "albums proper" is sophistic wankery.

At least the terms "EP" and "LP" aren't as cringe worthy and improper as this new corporate monstrosity - "mixtapes". Where was I when the term mixtape suddenly meant "shitty album with 20 tracks that are all 30 seconds long"? What the fuck is that shit?

that's it I'm going to reddit for me aphex from now on.

I agree. I just joined today after lurking since the .nu days and some of these shitposters just ruin the experience. Give me my money back.

What are you all on about? "EP," "LP," "album," etc. are just holdover vinyl terminology. They were only useful because they let you know roughly how long the thing would run. These days they tell you literally nothing (except that they give corporate music and radio a great excuse to manufacture the illusion of product diversity and sometimes maybe sell you the same thing twice). If you know the Cheetah run-time, great, fuck the extra letters. This is idm, for wagonchrist's sake, these dudes practically invented adding meaningless numbers and letters to track titles for the lulz. Debating whether RDJ Album or Come to Daddy are EPs or "albums proper" is sophistic wankery.

At least the terms "EP" and "LP" aren't as cringe worthy and improper as this new corporate monstrosity - "mixtapes". Where was I when the term mixtape suddenly meant "shitty album with 20 tracks that are all 30 seconds long"? What the fuck is that shit?

What mixtapes are you listening to? I don't know about other genres, but I think mixtapes are the best format for Hip-Hop.

Holy shit did I miss the boat. I can't believe he put out an EP on tape. In 2016. AND sold 2000 of them.

I am equally bummed and happy about them selling out. I'll probably just make my own. Hell I'll dub a caustic window and syro tape too.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

yo this form is the greatest. so what there are some throwaway posts. i gots snippets.

5 WATMM points to the first person who can tell me what i did wrong when I snagged that mouse embryo (pic below)?

Edited by coolandfrank

Holy shit did I miss the boat. I can't believe he put out an EP on tape. In 2016. AND sold 2000 of them.

I am equally bummed and happy about them selling out. I'll probably just make my own. Hell I'll dub a caustic window and syro tape too.

Me too.

And I'll number it 2001. An Aphex Odyssey.

INTERESTING:

Cheetah ep is a little over 33 minutes.

RDJ album (an LP) is a little under 33 minutes.

Well said!

RDJ is really an album on my point of view.

Let's hope this Cheetah is as well, although i'm afraid it will be an EP (based on 2015 AFX experiences)

I didn't even learn until embarrassingly recently that Come to Daddy wasn't an album (Also around the same length at 32:54)

That's all well and good, but not what I said.

What it boils down to is: Most "EP's" are not 30+ minutes long, so that's a lot of music. Lots of music is good. :emotawesomepm9:

Me too.

And I'll number it 2001. An Aphex Odyssey.

WHOA

i just ordered one via amazon.co.jp !

Yeah because tapes are so out of fashion in 2016 and no-one's ever heard of struggling niche artist Aphex Twin right?

Anyway as you've figured out by now the tapes aren't all gone, it's only Bleep's stock that's already spoken for. Several shops still waiting for theirs.

wow, that actually made me kinda tear up a bit to see just how original and unique of an artist he was even in his early days. this article is incredibly inspiring. thank you.

What the fuck does this "incredibly inspire" you to? Become a loud obnoxious cunt to your neighbours?

Read the whole thing again and replace any mention of Aphex/Richard with "David Guetta" or whatever. Still going "wow" and "tear up" at all the "incredibly inspiring" waxing lyricals and flowery language?

ffs

Lol, if I had been considered a genius artist at my early twenties I definitely would have tried to get away with shit like described in the article.

wow, that actually made me kinda tear up a bit to see just how original and unique of an artist he was even in his early days. this article is incredibly inspiring. thank you.

What the fuck does this "incredibly inspire" you to? Become a loud obnoxious cunt to your neighbours?

Read the whole thing again and replace any mention of Aphex/Richard with "David Guetta" or whatever. Still going "wow" and "tear up" at all the "incredibly inspiring" waxing lyricals and flowery language?

ffs

Lol, if I had been considered a genius artist at my early twenties I definitely would have tried to get away with shit like described in the article.

I think that article divides the people that have had to live next to noisy cunt neighbours and people who haven't.

that's it I'm going to reddit for me aphex from now on.

I agree. I just joined today after lurking since the .nu days and some of these shitposters just ruin the experience. Give me my money back.

welcome, don't take it all 2 serious

this happens eveytime an anticipated release is comming out, especially with afx

you should know after lurking so long, just go with the ride :nyan:

Can't wait to here the release. Hate the packaging to death. Extremely generic but even more so than Syro's.

I think you completely missed the point, iirc it's literally based on some 80s cheetah packaging. I love it, and I loved the idea of syro's packaging too, though I do wish they went with the foldface pic as the front cover.