IGNORED

Cheetah EP

zlemflolia

Guest bitroast

Can't wait to here the release. Hate the packaging to death. Extremely generic but even more so than Syro's.

I think you completely missed the point, iirc it's literally based on some 80s cheetah packaging. I love it, and I loved the idea of syro's packaging too, though I do wish they went with the foldface pic as the front cover.

syro packaging foldface pic as a large paper slip that wraps around existing package... would be very nice:^)

can someone print me a large syro slip and mail it to me for my 3xLP ???

Edited by bitroast

Can't wait to here the release. Hate the packaging to death. Extremely generic but even more so than Syro's.

I think you completely missed the point, iirc it's literally based on some 80s cheetah packaging. I love it, and I loved the idea of syro's packaging too, though I do wish they went with the foldface pic as the front cover.

the syropackage was beyond awesome. got it on cd. you remove the plastic, whoops you just removed the only colour that was on it

you flip it open and it's like 6 pages of how much it has cost to promote and release the album

then inside a neat little sheat with all his equipment and the ones he used for the traxxx

that is just supercool man!

Given that Come to Daddy was originally released as two separate CD singles, and the standard vinyl still only includes the first four tracks, I'd say it's definitely been presented differently to an album.

When I put a record on, whatever the format, I don't sit considering whether it's an EP or an LP or a compilation, but it's still an interesting topic of conversation. Without that shit all we're left with is people comparing how many pints they came when they heard the Amazon previews.

INTERESTING:

Cheetah ep is a little over 33 minutes.

RDJ album (an LP) is a little under 33 minutes.

RDJ is really an album on my point of view.

Yeah I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say the Richard D. James Album is indeed an album

Tape has made quite resurgence in more recent years. There are several very popular tape only labels doing their thing. I personally love the quality of tape, be cassette or reel to reel.

99 percent invisible recently did a really good podcast (Short) about the resurgence of tape, and how one of the biggest tape-using demographics is the US prison system. http://99percentinvisible.org/episode/loud-and-clear/

i don't get it. i really don't get it. 2000 tapes. why would you buy tapes in 2016, if not only to gloat? the reasons baffle me

Edited by Guest

i don't get it. i really don't get it. 2000 tapes. why would you buy tapes in 2016, if not only to gloat? the reasons baffle me

L1M1T3D 0MG!1!!!11

+ It's all kool and ironic since the art is inspired by

s-l1600.jpg

I mean, tape is also a pretty popular format at least in local scenes here in the US. It also looks cool. I mean, I rarely listen to vinyl either but I buy it if it's something I want to collect and put on every once in a while. I ordered the tape and the vinyl.

It's not really 80's style, more like 70's.