Sign in to follow this  
Zeffolia

Cheetah EP

weird even tapes are beeing questioned nowadays :facepalm:

Edited by Kavinsky

Tapes never went away. Anyone who thinks they did is pretty mAiNsTrEaM

Can't wait to here the release. Hate the packaging to death. Extremely generic but even more so than Syro's.

I think you completely missed the point, iirc it's literally based on some 80s cheetah packaging. I love it, and I loved the idea of syro's packaging too, though I do wish they went with the foldface pic as the front cover.

It's not really 80's style, more like 70's.

ALRIGHT both of my predictions were right! That cheetah 3 would be on there and not cheetah7. And that the 2 syro tracks would be on there as well. I WIN THE GAME!

First Post!

I've been lurking for years and years. The only thing that was preventing me from joining is that there are too many people on the board with insufficient faith in Aphex. No time for the hating!

oh no...lol

Both soundcloud cheetahs are on there pal. One is renamed cirklon someat

yeah that's cheetah 3. 7b is the cheetah track. Also I'm not your pal. I don't even know you. Fight me bro.

slow down mate, you're not making any sense there buddy.

yeah, 'cheetah3 teac' and 'cheetah7 teac' from the soundclog are both on the new ep.

yeah that's what I said

What are you all on about? "EP," "LP," "album," etc. are just holdover vinyl terminology. They were only useful because they let you know roughly how long the thing would run. These days they tell you literally nothing (except that they give corporate music and radio a great excuse to manufacture the illusion of product diversity and sometimes maybe sell you the same thing twice). If you know the Cheetah run-time, great, fuck the extra letters. This is idm, for wagonchrist's sake, these dudes practically invented adding meaningless numbers and letters to track titles for the lulz. Debating whether RDJ Album or Come to Daddy are EPs or "albums proper" is sophistic wankery.

At least the terms "EP" and "LP" aren't as cringe worthy and improper as this new corporate monstrosity - "mixtapes". Where was I when the term mixtape suddenly meant "shitty album with 20 tracks that are all 30 seconds long"? What the fuck is that shit?

What makes you think I wasn't pointing that out by posting the run times?

just bringing back this pic Nebraska posted cus i don't think anyone saw it in the aftermath of the thread's explosion after the thing went on sale

gOGJ58N.jpg

^^^

:(

^^^

:(

this thread needs to be archived on tape and sealed with durex

haha

just bringing back this pic Nebraska posted cus i don't think anyone saw it in the aftermath of the thread's explosion after the thing went on sale

gOGJ58N.jpg

ahahahah awesome!

Guest bitroast

2nd half of track was less interesting. was half enjoying afx clone there for a bit :^)

Edited by bitroast

I guess I'll join in on the action and post some fakes as well.

Sounds more like.. that one guy WATMMers really like... than afx. What's his face. The guy Heorge... Heorge...fuck.

Edited by Brisbot

Very good fake though, kinda giving me fenix funk/tuss vibes. Would like to know who actually made this so I could follow them.

Shit, I like that more than ODS and more than a few tracks on SYRO, no matter if it's fake. It's good shit.