IGNORED

Cheetah EP

zlemflolia

It's on Spoti!!!..... well I'm slow af

Ah yes, temporarily blacked out tracks on spotify... my old enemy. We meet again. Will you break my patience? Or will I defeat you this time...

Edited by Brisbot

Found a vid, the address written in the tweet is this same location:

And looking at BoC's twitter, they officially released the video 2 days 1 day after this viewing. Hopefully we get something similar!

Edited by forcefielder

I really hope we get a new music video. What if it's Chris Cunningham?

I think there would have been much more hype if it was

Guest bitroast

anticipating the most amount of video we'll get for this is vague animation ala

placing my bets!! calling it now!!

anticipating the most amount of video we'll get for this is vague animation ala

placing my bets!! calling it now!!

Even if there's no video, it seems likely the track would be released on SC or youtube or sumfing afterwards. I need my fix. Don't care that it's the SC track, I still really wanna hear the EP master.

Guest tumes

By sheer luck, I happened to plan my trip to Tokyo to get in yesterday. So I'm here. Yes, the tweet references scramble crossing in Shibuya. I will head there this evening at 9:30 JST and start streaming the event. My Twitter is @tumes, I'll tweet the periscope link there. More info: https://www.reddit.com/r/aphextwin/comments/4p26z2/i_just_happen_to_be_in_tokyo_will_broadcast_the/

I have the feeling that this could possibly be a show. It has to either be a video premiere, a listening party, or a surprise gig from Richard. The mastered Cheetah dropping is already on Spotify so it can't be just a simple upload time. There's something big about to go down.

EDIT: I might add - even though I'm listening to the track with an IEM and on the go, the mastering of this track sounds fantastic from what I can tell. Even though Syro wasn't crushed all that much, it was a tiny bit claustrophobic. This seems way more open - even more so than ODJ.

Edited by clarktrent

I thought the track was still blocked out. Looks like they unblocked it since I checked last!

Oh wow it's literally the original track just louder. This is the retroiest aphex has ever felt for me... well cept a few off analord. Super minimal.

Edited by Brisbot

By sheer luck, I happened to plan my trip to Tokyo to get in yesterday. So I'm here. Yes, the tweet references scramble crossing in Shibuya. I will head there this evening at 9:30 JST and start streaming the event. My Twitter is @tumes, I'll tweet the periscope link there. More info: https://www.reddit.com/r/aphextwin/comments/4p26z2/i_just_happen_to_be_in_tokyo_will_broadcast_the/

Toppest of blokes!

Also, didn't see the spotify release a couple hours ago, now it's up for me!

I thought the track was still blocked out. Looks like they unblocked it since I checked last!

Oh wow it's literally the original track just louder. This is the retroiest aphex has ever felt for me... well cept a few off analord. Super minimal.

It's quite nice IMO.

Can't imagine anyone else making this.

Edit: and it's distinctly Aphex Twin (vs afx or whatever), I can hear it in the pacing and melodies.

Edited by StephenG

I have coincidentally been making very minimal basic music like this. In a similar style. I wonder if I have control over it, or if aphex inspires me on a subconscious level that I can't perceive. It's probably the latter.