IGNORED

Cheetah EP

zlemflolia

Anyone that was lucky enough to hear the samples while they were temp. up.. your thoughts?

1. CHEETAHT2 [Ld spectrum] = deeeep and (veeery) slow burner

2. CHEETAHT7b = CHEETAH7 from soundcloud dump
3. CHEETA1b ms800 = I think they skipped this sample because it's already under 30 seconds
4. CHEETA2 ms800 = REALLY lush warm soundscape intermezzo thingy, can already say it's too short (felt like Coil's Time Machines to me)
5. CIRKLON3 [ mix ] = u know
6. CIRKLON 1 = If this wasn't an Analord (08?) outtake then call me a beer and pull me open. Fucking love this one.
7. 2X202-ST5 = more Analord-y with a very deep bass similar to CHEETAH7's bass, more uptempo breakbeat-ish

Anyone that was lucky enough to hear the samples while they were temp. up.. your thoughts?

1. CHEETAHT2 [Ld spectrum] = deeeep and (veeery) slow burner

2. CHEETAHT7b = CHEETAH7 from soundcloud dump
3. CHEETA1b ms800 = I think they skipped this sample because it's already under 30 seconds
4. CHEETA2 ms800 = REALLY lush warm soundscape intermezzo thingy, can already say it's too short (felt like Coil's Time Machines to me)
5. CIRKLON3 [ mix ] = u know
6. CIRKLON 1 = If this wasn't an Analord (08?) outtake then call me a beer and pull me open. Fucking love this one.
7. 2X202-ST5 = more Analord-y with a very deep bass similar to CHEETAH7's bass, more uptempo breakbeat-ish

Oh wow. Didn't realize both cheetah tracks from the dump were on this. (I admit.. I wish he held them back until now) Can't wait to hear the rest! Once all hype dies down, sounds like this will be a solid release, akin to Rushup Edge. I could not for the life of me get into Deejay Selek.

Chrome translated

Колхозная

as 'bailing machine'. Not sure if that's what Richard was going for, but I like it.

What?

It translates to "Kolkhoznaya", which is the name of a train station in Russia. Considering his wife is Russian...

Well, Chrome is a load of old bollocks. I never said it was accurate :p

Just listened to Cheetah7 again. Warm as nuts. Very much looking forward to that mastered and spinnin' round peacefully. This record could not arrive quickly enough.

Chrome translated

Колхозная

as 'bailing machine'. Not sure if that's what Richard was going for, but I like it.

What?

It translates to "Kolkhoznaya", which is the name of a train station in Russia. Considering his wife is Russian...

Initially kolkhoz is abbreviation of collective farm, a term from bolsheviks and red terror times thats why when i saw Колхозная my first association was something like this:

Man, how odd. I looked up this kid's videos yesterday, because I wanted to watch them again.

His lichen video is stunning.

Apparently I've tapped into the collective unconscious aphex twin vibes. I got the message yesterday. :cool:

Oddly touching this one, actually made me tear up a bit :rolleyes:

This record is going to be so 'DECENT TO GOOD' that it'll make your head spin around an adequate amount for head spinning, but not too much.

Also the kid is deep. Wish I had known about afx at his age. I was into real shit then. Didn't get into decent music till I was 13/14 (Daft Punk)

Edited by Brisbot

Because I'm insanely bored and in Aphex obsession mode. I matched up 'on' with the new vid. It's strangely beautiful and fitting. The vid is so random it pretty much goes with everything, granted, but the water shots, and child-like quality etc. really work with On.

From what I hear (and see), the Soundcloud mp3 and the official release is the same mix and recording. The only difference is that the channels are swapped. And that the official release has been mastered, of course.

I reckon the Soundcloud mp3 went through an additional analogue tape step (hence the "TEAC" in the file name), whilst the official release did not?

If anyone's interested in what fonts were used, the "Aphex Twin" script is Platinum Blonde Outline (the "T" and other glyphs have been altered slightly but the "A" is spot on as is other glyphs), and the "Cheetah" text is Busorama Regular.

Blue colour is #16b5dd in HEX

I love the video, the "to be continued" really delighted me. Lots of heart in this. The mastered track sounded so lush to my ears i had to listen 3 times on headphones and once on speakers before i moved on with life.