IGNORED

Cheetah EP

zlemflolia

Anyone that was lucky enough to hear the samples while they were temp. up.. your thoughts?

6. CIRKLON 1 = If this wasn't an Analord (08?) outtake then call me a beer and pull me open. Fucking love this one.
7. 2X202-ST5 = more Analord-y with a very deep bass similar to CHEETAH7's bass, more uptempo breakbeat-ish

omg analord references, and analord 8 no less... :emotawesomepm9: can't wait to hear these two, especially CIRKLON1

Edited by impotentwhitecapitalist

Reckon that's Richard doing the hand jive and then subsequently tackling him? (5:19/5:39). I hope that it is. I hope he came to Dublin and kicked it with this kid. I have a suspicion that someone like this has taken some shit being a bit stocky with a blind eye and now has an army of at least a half million or more fans that would kill to be in his position.

Really hope that's him, the thought of him coming down to make this kids day really warms my heart.

It's been said a lot already but seriously.. 3-4 years ago everything that has been happening lately would sound like a completely absurd fanboy fantasy.

Aphex Twin then: minimal to no output, reclusive with strong indication of pretty much hating his fans. Near mythical figure from a bygone era.

Aphex Twin now - Gives fans hundred of tracks for free

talks with them directly quite regularly and cheerfully, while divulging tons of detail on how he makes his stuff

Very regular output of Music on freaking warp

And now letting a 12 year old fan entirely create an officially released video.

Du. Fuuuuuk. I love it.

It's been said a lot already but seriously.. 3-4 years ago everything that has been happening lately would sound like a completely absurd fanboy fantasy.

Aphex Twin then: minimal to no output, reclusive with strong indication of pretty much hating his fans. Near mythical figure from a bygone era.

talks with them directly quite regularly and cheerfully, while divulging tons of detail on how he makes his stuff

Du. Fuuuuuk. I love it.

The man's been on two totally opposite extremes of the scale. The odd thing is that even though he's been so open recently, he is still quite a mysterious figure. Hopefully that'll never go away.

EDIT: I'm sure that if he wasn't bound by Warp's release schedule he probably would have come out with 6 records or something from the time he started the dump until now.

Edited by clarktrent

Du. Fuuuuuk. I love it.

He's gettin old :D

Du. Fuuuuuk. I love it.

The man's been on two totally opposite extremes of the scale. The odd thing is that even though he's been so open recently, he is still quite a mysterious figure. Hopefully that'll never go away.

EDIT: I'm sure that if he wasn't bound by Warp's release schedule he probably would have come out with 6 records or something from the time he started the dump until now.

That is true. The mystery is still there. He isn't riding around in Deadmau5's dumb car getting interviewed or anything. He always manages to be at a distance. Keeps the magic alive in some way.

From what I hear (and see), the Soundcloud mp3 and the official release is the same mix and recording. The only difference is that the channels are swapped. And that the official release has been mastered, of course.

I reckon the Soundcloud mp3 went through an additional analogue tape step (hence the "TEAC" in the file name), whilst the official release did not?

so how old is that track?

The video is so cool. Love how all of the kids are wearing the aphex shirts and using the masks.

Great of Warp to send them those...

Don't know anything about mixing, mastering and all that, just know that it's a fucking fabulous track.

And yeah from what I heard the samples are great. Can't wait for this ep to come out.

I'm still waiting for track demos, fucking marketing and the like. LET ME LISTEN TO SOME SNIPPITZZZZZ. Loving the sound so far.

I really wish he'd get around to releasing some really fresh new stuff, even if it's just a single. Marchromt30 sounded really fresh and sounded like it utilized his bigger studio -- more stuff in that lane would be amazing, but it's easily 2+ years out with how he likes to let his tracks cure in the humidor.

But that's just me being a douche. Glad he is releasing music again!

One thing I'll say about this release, it definitely has the classic Aphex sound. The fact that it's older makes that obvious but can't wait to hear other tracks I haven't heard via the soundcloud page.

For all those complaining about non current material, If he's anything like a lot of musicians...the stuff he's been working on now you'll hear in about 2 or 3 years or so. That's usually how it works. You have material backed up that you feel absolutely compelled to reach closure on/release then you move on to the next newest material.

Just watched the kids "Mess Head" (squarepusher/chaso AD )video. The fact he likes the track the and video being what it is is just amazingly brilliant..

All of this is is really classic AFX. the track is gorgeous and emotional. the video is raw/simple and innocent and pretty much "guardian think-piece" proof although I can see it coming.

In the end you just know that RDJ digs that a kid has discovered his music and is unfettered by irony or media-savviness.... at the same time this gives way to mass consumption and contemporary media-viral-ness which is unavoidable if something is just bloody good... but "at the heart of it all" is THE MUSIC and THE PASSION.

10/10

Edited by phudoshin

This track doesn't entirely do it for me. Something about the middle section.. I stop feeling it. Listened to Cheetah7 again. Much more for me. Has the Aphex mysticism going on with the barely heard pads, deep bass, etc. Can't wait to hear the rest.

Here's an interview with the young fella's mammy

To be honest, it's not a great listen......neither she nor the presenter have a clue who "they" (Aphex Twin) are. Describes the music as like music from a 1985 science quiz show - astute.

From the RTÉ - The Ryan Tubridy Show. Strange to get some Aphex at 9am in the morning.

EDIT: That was a bit much of me, no reason to think or expect that either of them should know much about Aphex. Fair play to Ryan anyway.

Edited by Brionic

i expect something to appear on the various arts shows on the national radio/tv channels here.

I actually know an up-and-coming arts radio show presenter who would be perfect for an interview with the lad... i may just tweet him

Reckon that's Richard doing the hand jive and then subsequently tackling him? (5:19/5:39). I hope that it is. I hope he came to Dublin and kicked it with this kid. I have a suspicion that someone like this has taken some shit being a bit stocky with a blind eye and now has an army of at least a half million or more fans that would kill to be in his position.

Really hope that's him, the thought of him coming down to make this kids day really warms my heart.

I had the same thought, but I don't think it is. The ending lists the participants and it looks like he has many family members in it. I figured it's probably his older brother or dad.

I had the same thought, but I don't think it is. The ending lists the participants and it looks like he has many family members in it. I figured it's probably his older brother or dad.

In that interview above, his Mum says that Richard sent an e-mail through Warp telling him he liked his stuff. That's all.