IGNORED

Cheetah EP

zlemflolia

Guest bitroast

ep is chill ...

warp's drip feed promotion over chill ep from 1 synth/setup is pretty insane though. kind of kills the fun :|

The whole EP is streaming on Bleep

https://bleep.com/release/stream/74048-aphex-twin-cheetah-ep

IF you preordered from Bleep... otherwise it's just two tracks.

It's weird, preordered the tape on the hour of release but am yet to have a download link to either of the two tracks you're meant to get and only have two tracks available to stream even when logged in. I blame Brexit.

ep is chill ...

warp's drip feed promotion over chill ep from 1 synth/setup is pretty insane though. kind of kills the fun :|

Was thinking the exact same thing. Such a terrible way to release a short ep.

ep is chill ...

Was thinking the exact same thing. Such a terrible way to release a short ep.

agree. pretty silly.

I'm really enjoying it, to me sounds like a sequel to the analord 02 slow-gummy-subby-acid-jams with this bleepy/cheetah twist. Hazy and smooth afux grooves is what i like the most.

I wouldn't care if they marketed this by debuting the EP on a new episode of Supernatural. Doesn't change the way it sounds to my ears. CIRKLON 1 has some of my favorite Aphex melodies to date. The short tracks didn't do much for me first listen but i think everything else is fantastic. I think the stripped back nature of these tunes feels very pure and timeless.

I was staying out of most of the drama in this thread, trying to think of something to smugly berate both sides with. Finally decided to smugly point out the +50 pages and 1500+ opinionated replies about an EP that hasn't been released yet. And you all should be ashamed.

Can't do that anymore now that its streamable :catcry: you should still feel shame tho. *shames all*

Also, Cheetah = chill. Noice.

Facial maps, chocolate coins, blimps, receipts, synths, scary kids, diy vids.

What will the promo machine come up with next for Aphex?

I guess anything goes really - Stem cells, prison license plate manufacture, undiscovered frog species, political parties........ I don't mind but it just seems random, semi-ironic, self-aware yet earnest. a mixed bag of whatever. I think they all connect through Richards own mind or at least a tangent from some thought he had once.

long may it last though

Don't they just mean the sticker that comes with it?

Tape says "sticker" and "promotional item"

it has changed again, does not say promotional item anymore from where i'm sat

2X202-ST5 is sooo good! :music:

tunes like this make me grin a bit like the man himself...sure is good, this is the first time i've ever listened to anything by the twin before the release date.

can't wait till the vinyl cassette and cd arrive

listening to the stream for a second time now, the new tracks on it are really good. CHEETAHT2 is a nice opener, nice spacy percussion (love the subtle flanging all over the EP too). CHEETAHT7b definitely sounds a lot better than the soundcloud version, different mix too with those high synths more prominent and repeated more towards the end of the track, extended outro too. wish the 2nd filler track was turned into a proper track, lovely sounds. the MfM style melodies on CIRKLON 1 are great, love the bassline too, it's probably the second best track on there after CIRKLON3. 2X202 fits in quite snugly on the end there, nice closer.

overall a very good EP, a more chilled out, simpler accompaniment to Syro, with lots of nice little call backs to some classic era stuff (SAW1/MFM/GAK in particular).