IGNORED

Cheetah EP

zlemflolia

Guest WNS000

After a couple of listens via various streams - this has to be the most homogeneous record he's ever released? Pretty much the same vibe, tempos, timbres, instrumentation, techniques, etc, on all of it?

I agree it is pretty homogenous or maybe thematic is more accurate, odjs is pretty consistent the whole way through, as is ccai2, even Syro come to think of it... maybe its a later development, these kind of thematic releases. I would even say Analord is like a variations on a theme, a lot of explorations within certain parameters.

Maybe the collage style album was an earlier approach and with drukqs he probably reached a nexus of being varied and yet somehow overall coherent to reach his new album style. Nothing wrong with it in my opinion.

Having listened to this a bunch of times I don't have any analysis or anything, just really enjoying another solid Aphex release!

I think Drukqs is an album that one releases after a period of time of being passionately interested in many things/approaches at once. Drukqs is a product of curiosity to me. Whereas Syro (and his other "analog" stuff) is suggesting to me that he has tried what he wanted to try so far and he now comes back comfortable with all the skills to create with a palette that he loves the most of them all as he have no need (at this moment) to explore all the other approaches anymore. I may be wrong of course. It might all be happening for completely different reasons.

Edited by WNS000

After a couple of listens via various streams - this has to be the most homogeneous record he's ever released? Pretty much the same vibe, tempos, timbres, instrumentation, techniques, etc, on all of it?

Do you mean it in a positive or a negative way?

Neither, just in a descriptive way.

never been too hype on his analogue driven stuff like this except for a handful of analord stuff. ill still be sitting patiently for another glitchy drill n bass thing tho.

i absolutely adore threads were people go "mine has shipped", "shipping confirmed", etc. so here goes:

bleep has sent my cheetah

i absolutely adore threads were people go "mine has shipped", "shipping confirmed", etc. so here goes:

bleep has sent my cheetah

yep, mine is on the way too

Dispatched

Edited by nyr22

Guest WNS000

never been too hype on his analogue driven stuff like this except for a handful of analord stuff. ill still be sitting patiently for another glitchy drill n bass thing tho.

I feel you. I truly adore his drill stuff but I must say some of his analog efforts are stunning too.

Guest bitroast

mmm.

had a quick listen to the bbc stream and there's def more audible stuff going on in the percussion, sounds very bleepy and resonaty, where as the bleep stream just sounds like blip blip and kind of static. peeps pointing out the bleep stream to be low quality are ... on point ...

anyhow, listening to the bleep stream now (i dont want bbc WOOOSH sound effects over the top or " you're listening to, aphex twIn" midway. EP's saaa chill.

The UK folks getting dispatch emails, did you do standard or expedited shipping? I just went for standard (UK Economy) and no dispatch for me yet.

well releasing this type of stuff fucks off most of the 4 second attention span internet click posse.

mmm.

had a quick listen to the bbc stream and there's def more audible stuff going on in the percussion, sounds very bleepy and resonaty, where as the bleep stream just sounds like blip blip and kind of static. peeps pointing out the bleep stream to be low quality are ... on point ...

anyhow, listening to the bleep stream now (i dont want bbc WOOOSH sound effects over the top or " you're listening to, aphex twIn" midway. EP's saaa chill.

love that lower quality stream, mp3 artifacts are the new record pops

incomplete without encoding noise

The BBC stream sounds way better than the bleep stream to me.

5eGzW75.png

analord has so much neat stuff with the overdubbing and analog hiss and gating and all this tape warmth. and after hearing all these downgraded versions presumably filled with artifacts, i'm as excited to hear the sounds in between the sounds as i am the sounds in the sounds, har har.

I'm really enjoying this. Very coherent and vibey. Really really works for me. I personally like that middle ground when he isn't trying to say "LOOK AT THIS!" and the song changes completely every 4 bars, but it's also not a total drone, or only beats. I'm a fan of analord but I also like there aren't acid squelches on top of everything. Good stuff.