IGNORED

Cheetah EP

zlemflolia

Really great EP, already played this more times CCAI2 and ODS (though I keep meaning to revisit CCAI2)

CCAI2 at 45rpm is how I believe the record was intended. I know all other formats are stuck at "standard" speed, but the tracks seem to fit better and combine into 2-3 distinct. Highly recommend, if you haven't.

In fact there are two audible interruptions into the recording space. One sounds like a person accidentally walking in or saying something during recording. The tones and resonance of the instruments themselves sounds more accurate.

I'll dig the vinyl out and give it a whirl at 45

This EP is an absolute killer imo. Aphex magic in full effect :music:

Edited by beerwolf

I successfully avoided all leaks, radioshows and streams except the first/video track so will bask in the waxy glory when the disc hits my turntable!

Raging i couldn't get the tape though especially as my recently deceased granny bequeathed me her old sony walkman - any sources anywhere for this?

Radioshow was awesome, dunno why you'd feel it was successful missing that....

In fact I'm going to play it for the sixth or seventh time in a minute :music:

It was. Especially as I couldn't play it through bleep; even after signing in. Thanks bbc. But that presenter and his preoccupation with constantly announcing the exact track running times! Nothing wrong with it but just a little weird. Like that clap thing the Iceland fans did in the Euros. Kinda intimidating.

cassette and vinyl on it's way, have listened to this E.P once and can't wait to blast it again once recieved

That just tells me he has a LOOOOT of music he could release but just isn't, if he's still that far back. I imagine they're mostly from around that time. Well... maybe the cirklon labeled tracks are the newer ones and the cheetah labeled tracks are 2010 or older.

There is a period (2007-2014) where we had no musical output at all from him, under any (known) alias. That's seven years of music-making yet to see the light of day (if none of it was from the SoundCloud dump, which I don't think goes beyond 2005 in known dates, right?

I suspect Cheetah, CCIPT2, ODS, Syro, and... other things to come are from this time frame.

well there's this...

I successfully avoided all leaks, radioshows and streams except the first/video track so will bask in the waxy glory when the disc hits my turntable!

Raging i couldn't get the tape though especially as my recently deceased granny bequeathed me her old sony walkman - any sources anywhere for this?

Radioshow was awesome, dunno why you'd feel it was successful missing that....

In fact I'm going to play it for the sixth or seventh time in a minute :music:

It was. Especially as I couldn't play it through bleep; even after signing in. Thanks bbc. But that presenter and his preoccupation with constantly announcing the exact track running times! Nothing wrong with it but just a little weird. Like that clap thing the Iceland fans did in the Euros. Kinda intimidating.

It's Radio 6, that's how they do things.

Really great EP, already played this more times CCAI2 and ODS (though I keep meaning to revisit CCAI2)

CCAI2 at 45rpm is how I believe the record was intended. I know all other formats are stuck at "standard" speed, but the tracks seem to fit better and combine into 2-3 distinct. Highly recommend, if you haven't.

In fact there are two audible interruptions into the recording space. One sounds like a person accidentally walking in or saying something during recording. The tones and resonance of the instruments themselves sounds more accurate.

totally agree

Nothing for me, but it was only dispatched yesterday, hopefully it will come tomorrow, if not I will have to wait until Monday (got it posted to my work address). On another note, I still can't get my head around records coming out on the Friday not a Monday yet. Not that it matters much when ordering online.

Managed to get the cassette-tape off Discogs - so delighted!

Once again Aphex gets connected to a dead Irish granny (its her walk-man which i inherited which will allow me to play it)

thanks guys !

Managed to get the cassette-tape off Discogs - so delighted!

Once again Aphex gets connected to a dead Irish granny (its her walk-man which i inherited which will allow me to play it)

thanks guys !

Sheesh - 30USD+ for a cassette...

Cheetah... more like RippaOffa...

i realized i dont need to buy it. it's on bbc 6 support the artists I claim to like and enjoy their music

fixt