IGNORED

Cheetah EP

zlemflolia

I'm going to play this soooo many times. I've been listening to the Analords all this week (the ones from the Rephlex site) back in the day, these were on heavy rotation, looks like it'll be the same for Cheetah!

Found my old cheetah joystick the other day "the bug". And my Atari ST :-)

Managed to avoid any plays of this so far, can I hold out for the first play being the physical or do I cave and download the digitals now?

Got back from the school run to find a Cheetah on my doormat. Initial impression is it's a lovely little EP, the sounds are gorgeous.

And I successfully managed to peel the track-listing label off the cellophane and stick it on the back cover with minimal trouble, so I'm doubly happy.

Managed to avoid any plays of this so far, can I hold out for the first play being the physical or do I cave and download the digitals now?

it isn't sacred ;)

it isn't sacred ;)

True, but I sometimes make a big deal of the first play of something.

it isn't sacred ;)

True, but I sometimes make a big deal of the first play of something.

download the damn digitals man, we'r all playing the album

Good to see you come to the light.

Anyway, I immediately started playing Com Truise 'In Decay' after I listened through the EP. Just gets me in that mood.

I’m waiting for my cassette to arrive, hopefully today but who knows. No tracking from Bleep…

In the meantime I’m listening to the flacs:

• cheetaht2 same pulse wave patch in cheetah1b, I like the kick with the lfo to volume on the bass, maybe actually achieved with slightly detuned oscillators; sounds very round and powerful.

• cheetaht7b super nice aliasing pads and highs and also like the percussive sounds in the second half.

• cheeta1b very cool 80s-like computer machine startup sound at 19 sec.

• cheeta2 classic dreamy/surreal rdj vibe (plus at 18/19 sec there’s a very quiet “tap” that reminds me of the mac’s volume adjustment sound or something).

• cirklon3 for me is the single of the ep and that kid in the video chose it wisely. Beautiful arrangement and melodies.

• cirklon 1 the chorus is the catchiest thing. Love those short slow attack sounds, remind me of those in that sys700 3 pts track from the syrobonkers interview.

• 2x202-st5 proper bonus track and quality ghost notes on the snare. I’m looping on repeat the moment when the bassline kicks in. I wonder what happened at 2:39/2:40 min, is he mixing live and muted the track by mistake?

First play – there's some quality in there, and it hangs together very well as a nice little EP. I just want to play it again straight away. I didn't even recognise Cheetah7b from the Soundcloud dump initially.

I must come from a paralel universe. CheetaH2T, and the two ms800 versions are totally different songs from the previews and radio show... what´s happening here?. Do we have now +3 songs in the EP??

How is that noone of you are talking about that?

And the most important of all. What are the lyrics of the ms800?

fecking sweet e.p, now i need the poster, logo sticker & magnet to drool over whilst enjoying the sounds

Got back from the school run to find a Cheetah on my doormat. Initial impression is it's a lovely little EP, the sounds are gorgeous.

And I successfully managed to peel the track-listing label off the cellophane and stick it on the back cover with minimal trouble, so I'm doubly happy.

Yeh did that with my Syro Vinyl -sticker off the cellophane and positioned nicely on the front off centre

Listening to the Soundcloud Cheetahs again and the difference is like hearing your neighbours playing them through the wall.

Got my vinyl, tee and sticker. Gad jab Blerp!

This EP truly is a banger. Blows CCAI2 and ODS right outta the water for me. Even CIRKLON3, a track I previously wasn't crazy about, sounds wicked in the context of this release.

same lol. Couple of air bubbles but I think I'm good to go

Listening to the Soundcloud Cheetahs again and the difference is like hearing your neighbours playing them through the wall.

haha true!

Oddly, my sticker was under the cellophane in the first place. Bought in-store.