IGNORED

Cheetah EP

zlemflolia

got my vinyl at the post office so I could listen to it @45 RPM (not to catch pokemons, i promise). first track sounds real good 45. looking forward to the rest

Guest gregminton

Curious - Anyone with the vinyl or CD, is the sticker w/track titles, credits, etc stuck on the shrink wrap or does it come stuck on the jacket? Wondering if you have to salvage the sticker from the plastic wrap to try and reapply it. Thanks!

Curious - Anyone with the vinyl or CD, is the sticker w/track titles, credits, etc stuck on the shrink wrap or does it come stuck on the jacket? Wondering if you have to salvage the sticker from the plastic wrap to try and reapply it. Thanks!

Mine is right on the jacket (vinyl)

Edited by nyr22

Guest gregminton

Mine is right on the jacket (vinyl)

Right on thanks!

Holy shit it came it came! Been listening to the cassette on my car tape deck while driving aimlessly... FUUUUUCK Cheetah is so tasty!!!!!

This is way better than I even expected. I like this as much as Syro i think, and definitely moreso than CCAI ii & ODS.

The simplicity and mood. Its so loose yet so tight. Very serene, and chilled, but bubbling with just enough energy.

Edited by Lane Visitor

I went to a bunch of record stores in London yesterday and everywhere seemed to have the sticker under the shrink wrap. However, I ordered from Bleep and it was on the wrap.

Ryan's ma retweeted this. Is the "in 8" referring to something, or is it just there because it is? My knowledge of the Cirklon interface is non-existent...

um7O5zH.jpg

Holy shit! Did Richard make Ryan his own, private song as a thank you? If so, Ryan is even luckier than I had originally thought!

no, that's splitradix's cirklon AFAICT.

Hi, I'm Splitradix. That's my Cirklon. Sorry if anybody was confused by the (in 8) but that's just part of the Cirklon interface, it tells you how many bars until the next scene. By default it's (in 1).

Little article here about the origin of the artwork and some additional info about the Sweat Talker, including this fetching image.

Screen-Shot-2016-07-11-at-15.57.30.png

Edited by BUNKUM

I went to a bunch of record stores in London yesterday and everywhere seemed to have the sticker under the shrink wrap. However, I ordered from Bleep and it was on the wrap.

Weird...my copy from Bleep had the sticker on the vinyl not the wrap.

Weird...my copy from Bleep had the sticker on the vinyl not the wrap.

How did you manage to play it then?

LOL... i see my mistake. I got my angle grinder from the shed and ground it off, on the plus side i have discovered the bonus track. Sounds a bit like Ktpa2

This has been sinking in nicely over the past few days. Really gorgeous stuff.

but

Much as I like the vibe, I do miss his '90s thing of whacking loads of different vibes together on a record. I think this and ODS would have worked together as the basis of a great 15 track album, rather than 'here's the dancey ones, here's the mellow ones'. They're both quite stripped back and simple, I think they complement each other really well. Off to make that tracklist.

My CD had the sticker on the shrinkwrap, successfully relocated to the back of the sleeve now.

so to create the Aphex Twin we need to speed up the tracks!

45rpm is where it needs to be. Complete "ah-ha, there's the insane cascading programming and jack hammer snares".