IGNORED

A new album - when?

Franciscus

If I'm correct, Sean & Rob are releasing a new album every 16-18 months the last few years. This means we can expect an album at the end of this year. Will this be preceded with an ep? Or maybe a single? What do you think/expect? And what will it sound like? I hope something is being announced soon; anything about what they're currently doing, if they're in the studio recording, etc.

Discuss!

They used to make albums that quickly but have recently slowed down to making albums every 2 years or so. I highly doubt a new album anytime soon. I'd expect an EP if anything, but they have only released one remix since Untilted that I can think of, whereas they used to release several a year.

Hopefully Untilted wasn't their swansong album, I'd love to hear an EP with a new direction at some point.

They mentioned in a recent interview that they have recorded several shows and have considered releasing something from the live tour last year, so we'll see.

As great as those albums are, I'd rather have something completely different. Leaving copying those sounds to the Autechre clones.

Guest Audiophile

live album please. would be one of the first of these subforum artists to release live stuff. i think they are gonna keep going where untilted left off...which was.......urrr...hopefully something better :fear:

live album please. would be one of the first of these subforum artists to release live stuff. i think they are gonna keep going where untilted left off...which was.......urrr...hopefully something better :fear:

A live album would be nice, if it's coming with a video

Guest Audiophile

im surprised to see that not many electronic music artists or groups have not released any live albums. i can see the point that they dont want to give away the live show experience by pushing it on to a cd, but im sure certain artists (afx, ae, square, etc) have more than enough live material to make a live lp. because really afx & ae have been around for a decent amount of years now, so the live credability is certainly there....

who knows since ae said they dont do many soundboard recordings it may never happen :sad:

who knows since ae said they dont do many soundboard recordings it may never happen :sad:

http://autechre.org.ru/interviews/interview31.htm

Do you think about releasing the untilted 2005 tour set on CD? Fans from all the world want it...

its been considered. several have been recorded.

You never know...

Guest Audiophile
AV: Do you think about releasing the untilted 2005 tour set on CD? Fans from all the world want it...

SB: its been considered. several have been recorded.

W00T!

Guest yeesland

a return to lp5 / /ep7 territory please

no returns please

part of their deal with warp is that their old records remain constantly in print. i think their rationale for this is that if you want a return to a certain record or period of the band, you can return to it! hell, i'm just glad they have gone on the trajectory they have, or there wouldn't be such great eras to return to.

were they to return to the lp5-era sound, it would almost definitely sound re-hashed, and would also probably signal the beginning of the end for autechre. not to say that they won't fizzle out into mediocrity anyway.. after all, music pays their bills and that's a hard job to give up.

a return to lp5 / /ep7 territory please

no returns please

part of their deal with warp is that their old records remain constantly in print. i think their rationale for this is that if you want a return to a certain record or period of the band, you can return to it! hell, i'm just glad they have gone on the trajectory they have, or there wouldn't be such great eras to return to.

were they to return to the lp5-era sound, it would almost definitely sound re-hashed, and would also probably signal the beginning of the end for autechre. not to say that they won't fizzle out into mediocrity anyway.. after all, music pays their bills and that's a hard job to give up.

statement. :ok:

• 2 weeks later...

Well, it's kind of just speculation at this point. Don't count your chickens before they're hatched, etc.

• 1 month later...

Archived