IGNORED

A new album - when?

Franciscus

I really don't want a Live album. That would disappoint me greatly, I would rather have fresh new material, or else it feels like ages waiting for nothing. Not that I don't like their Live stuff but I'd just prefer something new. I'm incredibly anxious to see what they do next.

Guest bocae

Their music is getting more and more experimental at each release so I'm expecting the most anti-music album ever.

Everything Autechre has done has been musical, the tunes are just getting more unconventional in their sounds and their structure. I wouldn't consider them anti-music what so ever.

I don't recall them making any glitchy music. Do you mean unrepetitive? Because I wouldn't say Autechre did glitch stuff, maybe that bit towards the end of Gantz Graf, but otherwise let's stay away from Amber territory, it's their weakest album in my opinion

*Prepares for lynching*

Guest Replicant
i want more stuff like amber. glitchy bullshit is annoying.

Thats such a boring perspective. The old shit is OLD. End of story. Many people are aware of the fact that what Autechre has become is completly brilliant.

The band doesn't need you to be a fan, and neither do I, so stop complaining.

And if you absolutly feel the need to do so, at least try to provide intelligent reasons as to why you think the "glitchy" aspects of the music are "bullshit".

i want more stuff like amber. glitchy bullshit is annoying.

Thats such a boring perspective. The old shit is OLD. End of story. Many people are aware of the fact that what Autechre has become is completly brilliant.

The band doesn't need you to be a fan, and neither do I, so stop complaining.

And if you absolutly feel the need to do so, at least try to provide intelligent reasons as to why you think the "glitchy" aspects of the music are "bullshit".

He called it like he saw it Mikey, now hit the fucking road.

Well said G.

if they continue from where they left off with untilted and the live show.... the next album is gonna be.. i dont know, the best fucking thing ever? i've never anticipated new autechre more than i have now. i'm literally, almost afraid of it. the live show and untilted are literally just fucking penetrating. gets into your brain SO FAST.

i'd like more in the vein of the hafler trio collaborations, but a little more complex and layered.. maybe a selection of their best drone-ish tracks, like a more polished version of the music they played when testing their huge online liveset last year (the one at autechre.ws). but i wouldn't mind to wait for such a release, i just keep digging into their older stuff, i don't think i'll ever grow tired of it, to be honest..

I am hoping for something in April 07, which really isn't that far away. I've found it's better to drop all expectations with ae, as they always surprise. Looking forward to whatever's next anyhow.

Archived